Storing Compitition Frames

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpearce4

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
a few more than last year but still not enough
What is the best way of storing my comp frames? At the moment they are sat in a super in my front room.

Sounds good to me - this year I left them in the hive - Friday went to get them ready for today and the little blighters had decided to start uncapping them! so bang goes my chance at the silver this year!

mine from last year are still in the show cases....slightly granulated now, though! (time to get out the Pratley tray - unless someone here knows different, of course!).

JenkinsB,

I should start a new thread for this query but how far is the heather progressing towards flowering on the hill near you? You may remember I asked the same last year about this time - go to the heather (Blaenavon) next weekend or the one after - what do you think?

AndyT (Evesham BKA)

I haven't really cast my eyes up to the hills lately, but from memory today, not much movevent yet - I shall make a point of checking tomorrow on my way to the new out apiary.

Not much colour on the moors when looking from the opposite mountain on the way back from 'work' so went up the Drysgol for a spin on the way back from the Royal Welsh - very small flower buds only on the heather no sign of them opening for a while - may be different further East. Found some white heather though!!

Latest posts

Back