National Honey Show

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodenBeam

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
More than a few
Anyone one attending or showing???

I'm going down on the Saturday as usual. Over the last few years have always taken down the winner of the novice class in our local honey show. Not entering this year, may try to be better prepared and enter next but we are submitting an entry into the local association branch entry category.

Any other forum members attending or showing? Good luck to those who are making the effort to submit some entries.

Yes going to pop along for a lecture or two and a workshop. Easy for me as only been just down the road. Also entering a bottle of mead, a jar of honey and a frame ready for extraction.

Don't know if other London ish based beekeepers have noticed the wrong entry number on the website for the single jar of honey in the London beekeepers class and if like me your entry is diverted to two jars of dark honey in the Surrey class. Not a major problem but as the single jar of honey is one of the most popular classes one or two may get a bit hot under the collar.

Im taking for a number of people on the Thursday morning but cant stay and picking up on the sat but have to go to something else in the day. I wish I could go to some of the lectures.

I have entered 21 classes this year including the 24 jars (have to jar them up anyway) for a bit of fun. thank god I bought an estate car this summer.

I have entered 21 classes this year including the 24 jars (have to jar them up anyway) for a bit of fun. thank god I bought an estate car this summer.
Well done you...The 24 jars is a very impressive display. Good luck:winner1st:

having said im doing it I hope I do well otherwise I will never live it down lol.

Only live 10 mins away so will be going all three days.

Just finished preparing my entries - 5 classes including one for cast candles. Someone else is delivering my entries and I have to drop them off tomorrow. I'm going on the Saturday and am signed up for the skep making workshop.

Yes going to pop along for a lecture or two and a workshop. Easy for me as only been just down the road. Also entering a bottle of mead, a jar of honey and a frame ready for extraction.

Don't know if other London ish based beekeepers have noticed the wrong entry number on the website for the single jar of honey in the London beekeepers class and if like me your entry is diverted to two jars of dark honey in the Surrey class. Not a major problem but as the single jar of honey is one of the most popular classes one or two may get a bit hot under the collar.

Well i suppose it is better lost before the show rather than finding it not there after the show like some of the middx entrants found last year

i'll be there on Friday for a workshop and on Saturday to pick up , just a few jars on the middlesex bench not the main show

Last edited:
:party::party:

Did you win anything this year Tom, I am going tomorrow But i know you didn't win 1st prize in the single London Class, because i have just been told :) I Did :cheers2:

Last edited:
:party::party:

Did you win anything this year Tom, I am going tomorrow But i know you didn't win 1st prize in the single London Class, because i have just been told :) I Did :cheers2:

Result well done Geoff.

Don't know if have anything yet I will find out tomorrow or if they post the results on their website later today.

Result well done Geoff.

Don't know if have anything yet I will find out tomorrow or if they post the results on their website later today.

The Honey is from hives near a children Zoo in Mill Hill, so I expect the taste is due to reindeer and lama pooh, though plus some wallaby pee as the Bees are always drinking from the zoo midden

Last edited:
The Honey is from hives near a children Zoo in Mill Hill, so I expect the taste is due to reindeer and lama pooh, though plus some wallaby pee as the Bees are always drinking from the zoo midden

The bees know when they are onto a good thing.

I have a theory some of the best honey I tasted this year was some I kept in my simple warming cabinet over winter it was crystal clear and had a great aroma and taste. I am thinking perhaps like a bad wine it improves with age....or is it it tastes better when it's the only one on the shelf? either way I know what I will enter (gamble) with next year.

Perhaps I will bump into you tomorrow

Last edited:
Think the world cup is comming back to county louth again this year

Back