Stoneleigh meet

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Number of Hives
None of my own
A couple of months back there were mutterings about having a meet up at Stoneleigh on the Saturday. Are people still interested in this? Seem to recall there was a suggestion of getting together up around Chris B's Honey Appreciation (12:30-1:30 Royal Hall).

Is this feasable, and if so does anyone knowing the layout have a suggestion to where we could make our drone (and worker) congregation area?

A couple of months back there were mutterings about having a meet up at Stoneleigh on the Saturday. Are people still interested in this? Seem to recall there was a suggestion of getting together up around Chris B's Honey Appreciation (12:30-1:30 Royal Hall).

Is this feasable, and if so does anyone knowing the layout have a suggestion to where we could make our drone (and worker) congregation area?

Don't forget the Queens amongst us :rofl:

Gotta keep it PC

JW

Very helpful.....only if everyone's going dressed as their avatar. And I am NOT. I shall be sporting a 9yo beekeeper daughter with long brown hair who talks or sings about 20 hours a day. A mixed blessing bee-smillie

Is that the plan? Meet for honey tasting?

Cazza

I'm game.

I've been told the room capacity is 30 so that's a limiting factor. Can I suggest the Forum rendezvous is 1.30 so you've got the choice of whether to listen to me drone on for an hour. The next workshop doesn't start until 2.30 so loads of time.

I will be floating about probably in a blue and white or a red and white rugby shirt for visibility.

So you now know who to avoid...LOL

PH

Will be there Friday and Saturday with my beekeeping partner (the wife) we will be the couple arguing where to go next

No ta, though no doubt some might be silly enough...LOL

PH

OK, can I suggest then that any that are interested congregate after Chris's session at 1:30-1:35 outside the Royal Hall (can you make that HP?). We could then prehaps find some light refreshments somewhere?:party-smiley-050:

ID badges voluntary as several seem to know eachother - or if you are feeling assertive wear a sticker with avitar/name and if Poly wears his formal scottish dress that would help:biggrinjester:).

That OK with all?

i dont know what times i will be working as head steward i have to organise who ever turns up and what they want to work and when. some of the people like to go to certain lectures and or stalls at certain times and i dont know what lunch rota i will be one, but i am sure to be able to duck away to sign autographs lol

as for identies i was goinf to wear a badge with hedgerow pete on it any way on the old white suit. i dont know about the sequins , theres a lot of other things i am working on that needs new sequins ready for my dancing weekend away thats coming up soon in bournemouth

perhaps we could all be handed post it notes with names of prominent forum contributors to stick on our foreheads.

we would then have to take it in turns to guess which we each were with no holds barred clues from the floor.

Back