Beekeepers Field Guide - David Cramp

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greatbritishhoney

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi,
I realise that this book may have been mentioned in other threads but...
I got the above book for Christmas last year and have only just had the time to pick it up and read it. It's a well thought out book and I would highly recommend it to any new (or new-ish) beekeepers.
The premise of the book is that you should use it "in the field" - i.e take it to the apiary with you as an aide-memoir. It's a small book and will easily fit in your pocket. As a new beek it's easy to get a bit tangled up when you're trying to do something like an artificial swarm for the first time - it's good to have an easy to read guide to hand on occasions like this.
Rgds
Andy

I would recommend writing out the steps in bullet form on a sheet of paper.

Less likely to forget them then and no need to cart a book around the apiary, no need to be hunting through a text for a clue to the signs found, no need to keep the colony opened for longer than necessary, etc. Propolis soon gets transferred and the book will be sticky forever....

RAB

I would recommend writing out the steps in bullet form on a sheet of paper.

Less likely to forget them then and no need to cart a book around the apiary, no need to be hunting through a text for a clue to the signs found, no need to keep the colony opened for longer than necessary, etc. Propolis soon gets transferred and the book will be sticky forever....

RAB

Yes, if you are going to do a specific procedure then maybe photocopying or writing out the relevant pages would save damaging the book.

Latest posts

Back