Poisonous plants or not?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread has been useful for me, I wasn't aware of the effect of Rhododendron honey, and there's a large wood less than half a mile from my hives that has a lot of rhododendron...

A selective harvest might be interesting. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Finman, This board is a small English village!

I'm eagerly watching each episode, and wondering who the next victim will be... ;)

Laburnum wood in the smoker producing lethal gases which are inhaled by a beekeeper.

as suggested by Redwood.
The Golden Chain Tree has poisonous wood and you should not use it as fire wood

Last edited:
your (self assumed) superiority?

more like inferiority

The thread question asked at the start, if genuine, really does typify ignorance and stupidity.

Agreed

:yeahthat: I've noticed as well.

Yet another.

Add in trying to sell books at hugely unrealistic prices (and getting uppity about forum members being warned of it), melting wax at 40 degrees Celsius (ha ha ha),and several others which I have copied to a file. All adds up to something of a bit one-sided beginner trying to preach rubbish to all and sundry; then crying cyber bullying whenever the carp information is pointed out.

Perhaps a suggestion the OP to go chew some buttercups might go down well with quite a lot on the forum. Take my advice and go back to the beginners section where you can post all your rubbish and should not be challenged.

Keep death off the roads - learn to fly instead.

Now I understand.... Fly agaric in the smoker!

Well done Tractor man !!

Yeghes da

Finman, This board is a small English village!

I'm eagerly watching each episode, and wondering who the next victim will be... ;)

All English villages have at least one village idiot...

I'll get my coat :sunning::icon_204-2:

You have no sense of humour this was again meant to be amusing to add a little spice to the thread. If it has caused you concern then I apologise, You have also intimated in this thread that I am an Idiot, for which I think an apology is necessary. You have made some rude and abusive comments about me on other threads where you do not agree with my views. I appreciate others have strong opinions and I respect them, but I do not become abusive if they are not the same as mine.

Your PM to me I believe should be published as it is threatening :-

Maybe you should read your pms again after your last post to me, if you just simply dont like what i post & so tell me to poison myself i think you may have serious issues fella

I will now be putting you on the ignore button. At one time I befriended you because I thought you were being bullied, but you brought the adverse comments on yourself by being rude and abusive to other members of this excellent forum.

The pm's i was referring to were these you sent me when you felt i was being bullied a few months ago.

Bullies
I've just remembered some forum members have been banned from the Beginners Section for being too aggressive. think the one that has given us both grief, Oliver60Owner is one, as I have not seen him comment in this section.

Mike

Jonny
Jonny, You are in the same position as I am, needing advise but getting criticised for any comments you make by the bullies on the forum. I have notice a few members who give, what I would call good advise and I respect what they suggest. Jenkinsbrynmar is one. I now send a PM to him if I think my request may warrant undue adverse comments.

You may get some adverse comments about your last post as I was told to put the super under the BB for the winter so the stores in the super are used up first. I could not do this until the hive was lighter but eventually managed to rearrange the hive. The main problem I had was I was sold drone foundation which meant I cannot use it for my plan of using a brood and a half.

regards

Mike

Well I think of myself as one of the more tolerant on this forum but this OP does seem to have a style of posting that is abrasive ... seems to be a general feeling. We haven't seen many people on the forum who get people's backs up quite as much ... it's not just the questions - it's in the comments as well.

JBG .. It's really bad forum etiquette to publish PM's on a forum

:iagree: The P in PM should be respected.
If anyone has a problem with a PM, then that's a matter that should be kept between the two posters and the admin. Airing dirty laundry doesn't do anyone any favours.

Last edited:
JBG .. It's really bad forum etiquette to publish PM's on a forum and it's also not acceptable to send abusive PM's to anyone. People have been banned for the latter.

Sorry but mike posted mine so i posted his in reply because it was a bit one sided & he was trying to make me look bad for no reason. Twice he has posted about me poisoning myself on different threads & then backtracks that it was a joke. I see no smilies or anything so it doesnt seem like a joke. If you think this is all me being abusive have a read of my threads & see who gives sarcastic or nasty replies which i then reply to in my own defense. I am not going to sit & take insults from people who clearly think they are superior because theyve kept bees longer.

If you don't want to watch the whole half hour, start from 20:00 for the effect of the honey.

I watched the whole thing yesterday it was compelling, the people are amazing & when one is carrying that poor guy down the mountain near the end he must have the strength of an athelete. :)

Not poisonous plants & hopefully not another daft question ;-) but are snowdrops & catkins self pollinating? With the cold spells lately & bees not flying for a lot of people, & not much else flying, it seems they cant get pollinated by bees in places, are they self pollinated maybe relying on wind more than insects?

Back