Bee vac

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Steve,

if you feel any negativity in my post, I meant it only in a positive way. I have no gripes with you making a buck on a beautifully crafted machine. Maybe because I am not a native speaker there is something that comes over differently than I intended. Best of luck and may you sell many (if I need one I will certainly see if you still make them!)

I'll jump in - I think at £125 it's a well-priced bit of kit. If that puts a few quid in your pocket as profit then that's fine - no point not making a few quid.
Your market is in 2 parts - beekeepers who buy it for their own use, and beekeeping associations for their role as local swarm collectors. You could mail shot by email all associations - but stagger it so that you don't get more orders than you can handle. Then fill in the gaps in production with ebay sales. If orders get too high put your price up.

thank you so much but it only costs £90 plus p+p which is approx £18
i may be asking to much sales will prove it like i say if you are not happy ill refund

Used the vac again this evening on a chimney extraction... made life so so easy..

i'll post images later.

No negative implications intended... just saying that it is now on ebay. If it is by the original creator then this site has given him a platform/motivation to sell them (wich is great). If one of you guys ordered it and is flogging it on, it must be crap!

Just seen it on Ebay. or it is absolutely rubbish or the community gave the creator a lucrative idea!

Hi Steve,

if you feel any negativity in my post, I meant it only in a positive way. I have no gripes with you making a buck on a beautifully crafted machine. Maybe because I am not a native speaker there is something that comes over differently than I intended. Best of luck and may you sell many (if I need one I will certainly see if you still make them!)

seams you were negative but thats fine :nature-smiley-013:

Chimney inspected to show entry point under cement....

cap lifted to show comb...

comb removed and boxed in NUK

bees vac'd up with no hassle...

cleaner stack......

few residual infant bees just below the reach...

will return tomorrow to recover the stragglers and cap off stack...........

Happy days...... and made easy with the bee vac.

Brilliant job. If your vac saves chimny colonies being killed, all the work involved in making and marketing it will be worthwhile.

Thats possibly something that i could look into but maybe a bit difficult sending it through the post unless i make it in a triple section pipe but im trying keep the cost down thats all ive tried searching the internet to source the parts cheaper but not having much joy it seams companies dont give discount like they used to for bulk buying .....they do seam to be selling well im goin to make them for the 14x12 frames also
like i say i can make them to peoples needs so any question please ask either on here or through pm

Hi Steve,

Just sent you a PM, let me know?

Pezza

Well, my bee vac arrived today from Steve. It was well packed and in one piece. It is good quality with good quality fittings and has obviously been thought about. I know I have to get electricity to my Henry if I am going to use it but I have loads of extension cables and this has got to make life easier for those awkward spots when a simple clipping of a tree branch just won't do! Looking forward to trying it out and will let you know the results. I have nothing to gain out of this, so this is an honest opinion.
Thanks Steve
Enrico

the swarms I've used mine on were all in easy reach of a standard elecy extension....

glad you like the quality Enrico.

Ive also been looking into making a complete rechargable vac these would also need pat testing it would be 12v but would have to be well ventilated
Ive just got concerns about risk of fire or batteries exploding or if fire didnt happen it would be heat from the batteries distressing the bees ????

Ive just got concerns about risk of fire or batteries exploding or if fire didnt happen it would be heat from the batteries distressing the bees ????

I wouldn't think it would be that much of a problem, I may be wrong but wouldn't the batteries only heat up when being charged? what about attaching it to the bottom of the setup (using the same clips as you have on the MK I) so you could detach it when needs be?)

yes thats the way i was thinking just concerned if there will be enough suction generated by the fan or fans it will also bump the cost up i supose i could do away with the clamps and use a single rachet strap

Ive also been looking into making a complete rechargable vac these would also need pat testing it would be 12v but would have to be well ventilated

Just a thought, but could you use a garden petrol leaf vacuum?

Latest posts

Back