Ladykillers: Pest Detetives

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

busybee53

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Number of Hives
none now
This programme is on BBC2 at 8.00 on Wednesdays. This week included a wasps nest. Next week (1st April - not it's not joke) includes a cut out of bees. The pest controller said she had not done this before, hopefully she will call in a beekeeper. Looks a fair size colony from the clip shown.

I saw the end of the show where she mentioned she had not done it.
I hope it shows good practices!!

Yes, it was an entertaining programme. I'm still itching and scratching after watching the bed -bug story - I had bed-bugs in a student flat in 1963 in the east end of London - second hand mattress purchased from Brick Lane....... In the programme the bugs were everywhere. Chemical eradication failed so they had to heat the house to 60C with special heaters with apparent success.

In the programme the bugs were everywhere. Chemical eradication failed so they had to heat the house to 60C with special heaters with apparent success.

The dog highlited only 2 places in the home, so why treat the whole house...??? Entertainment i say, my chemical treatments dont fail.

With all the free food availability on offer for the rats, i'm very confident they would have not eaten any of the bait she placed, however the "show" made it appear as she gained control in a single visit. I doubt that very much.

So i'm eagerly awaiting to see what else occurs with the bees next week.:sunning:

Tracing the rats back to a neighbours overgrown and rubbish strewn garden was fair enough. And organising a clearance with "three gardeners" and "volunteer" neighbours. No mention of who pays though. What really puzzled me was that all the companies involved are being prominently advertised by the names on the vans, so what crazy BBC rule allows that but fuzzes the phone numbers?

My thought was that the programme makers may have paid for the professional people who came to get rid of the rats in the shed.

It seemed that each time a problem arose they got in touch with an 'expert' so I am hoping they find a knowledgeable good beekeeper to advise on what to do.

Oops. Just realised that there is a sub thread for media and I have posted in the wrong place - sorry Admin.

Back