Oops. Bees kill dogs

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and they would know this how?

no idea, ive read this & seen it on a documentary programme recently, they obviously don't give up easily & will hang around longer than you can stay under water. I guess you could google it and it will explain it somewhere?

Africanized bees - a lot more keen to do battle than our pussycats.

Ours may be 'pussycats', compared with africanised, but they have killed dogs, chickens, horses and people. A bad reaction to the sting or sometimes where the animal cannot escape can lead to serious consequences. Plenty have been reported on the forum.

Ours may be 'pussycats', compared with africanised, but they have killed dogs, chickens, horses and people. A bad reaction to the sting or sometimes where the animal cannot escape can lead to serious consequences. Plenty have been reported on the forum.

True, but many of the tragedies here are as a result of allergies whereas the africanised varieties appear to mercilessly attack their victim at the slightest provocation.

no idea, ive read this & seen it on a documentary programme recently, they obviously don't give up easily & will hang around longer than you can stay under water. I guess you could google it and it will explain it somewhere?

but it would depend on if they knew he was there anyway. Seems not as they went after the dogs which one might guess were next door the other side of the fence/wall and not loose in the garden where the bees were, as the dogs owner was not at home.

but it would depend on if they knew he was there anyway. Seems not as they went after the dogs which one might guess were next door the other side of the fence/wall and not loose in the garden where the bees were, as the dogs owner was not at home.

Of course it would depend if they knew he was there? The point is if they were after him , going into water would be a stupid thing to do with these bees. If disturbed they will probably go for anything nearby, hence the dogs, & a dog in a garden cant even run away.

Ok. What I meant was if he saw the bees going loony a safe place might be in the water, which is a longer version of

any sense and he would be in the pool.

beesnorkel_zpsagi2hcxu.jpg

Isnt it that the Africanised bee are not any more lethal sting wise than other bees but that they dont give up as easy and just keep following and attacking.

Ok. What I meant was if he saw the bees going loony a safe place might be in the water, which is a longer version of

Either of your versions would still be a bad idea, its no good going into water, it sounds like either he ran off or went indoors, either way , who cares , it doesnt concern either of us unless you are going to be a pool attendant in Africa soon? In which case, if it happens to you, jump in the pool, i'm sure you 'll be fine.:beatdeadhorse5:

Either of your versions would still be a bad idea, its no good going into water, it sounds like either he ran off or went indoors, either way , who cares , it doesnt concern either of us unless you are going to be a pool attendant in Africa soon? In which case, if it happens to you, jump in the pool, i'm sure you 'll be fine.:beatdeadhorse5:

Would have though he would have liked to have given his version to the TV company..How he had to run for his life etc etc.even if he didnt. Unless it was his fault the bees got angry..

Would have though he would have liked to have given his version to the TV company..How he had to run for his life etc etc.even if he didnt. Unless it was his fault the bees got angry..

Maybe he was shy.:icon_204-2:

Latest posts

Back