Polka raspberry

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finman

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
I have raised now one year Polka raspberry. It is phenomenal. It makes berries in first year cane. Yield time is several months. Berries are 2 x 3 cm and good tasting.

First I rear them in the green house and in summer I lift them outdoors. I keep them in 60 litres pots.

Now I bought Scottish Glen Ample. I try how it goes.

I have raised now one year Polka raspberry. It is phenomenal. It makes berries in first year cane. Yield time is several months. Berries are 2 x 3 cm and good tasting.

First I rear them in the green house and in summer I lift them outdoors. I keep them in 60 litres pots.

Now I bought Scottish Glen Ample. I try how it goes.

Good stuff Finman. I have put a couple of Autumn Bliss raspberry caness in a pot today. Supposed to be well suited because they fruit on new wood, and can be pruned back in the winter, and so remain compact

i went over to france the weekend before easter as a break , sod the beer and fags they are cheeper in tescos at home but the prices of plants and fruit was half the price in the uk, custums bloke was shocked when we turned up that morning ha ha ha ha

and can be pruned back in the winter, and so remain compact

Old wood makes much earlier berries than new wood. I keep them what stay alive over winter.

I have one Polka in my appartment near window. Its first berry s turning red.
I took about 13 root sprout and they have about 10 leaves each. Just tried how they survive here over winter in cold greenhouse.

Latest posts

Back