queen of the sun dvd??

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw it a while back, got a copy from my sister in New Zealand, a good watch but some of the characters are a bit weird, especially the guy with the beard !:eek: Chris

They are also on Facebook should anyone be interested with links to a streaming of the video using Amazon (for $3.99).

You can find their Facebook page here

Hope that helps.

James

In the UK you won't be able to stream it from Amazon.com video services due to licence rights.

I don't know of any dvd distributors in the UK however there are certain 'torrent' based websites where the film is listed.

In the UK you won't be able to stream it from Amazon.com video services due to licence rights.

I don't know of any dvd distributors in the UK however there are certain 'torrent' based websites where the film is listed.

0 seeds

Sorry, but please can someone enlighten me what it's about and why it's essential viewing?

About twenty years ago researchers realised that searching for data on the Internet was going to be an essential tool.

They were right of course. So fortunately these days we have advanced search engines. Google is quite good I believe. You'd be amazed at what you can find.

Bobster

About twenty years ago researchers realised that searching for data on the Internet was going to be an essential tool.

They were right of course. So fortunately these days we have advanced search engines. Google is quite good I believe. You'd be amazed at what you can find.

Bobster

Hiving been using google for about the 20years you mention I am quite able to use it thank you.

However in what is basically a discussion )if a somewhat slow drawn out one) I feel it reasonable to politely ask such a question and expect an equally polite answer.

If we were to answer all our questions by googling there would be no need for the forum.

The answer to your question "what is it about" is, it`s a documentary about CCD Colony Collapse Disorder and exploring our relationship with Honey Bees, for example how in America they are used as pollinators for Almonds etc and moved thousands of miles to work in mono culture sites where bees could not survive for 12 months of the year as there is only one crop and when that is over there is nothing else for them to forage, there are some very good contributions for beekeepers from around the world making some good points, it is a bit depressing but worth watching if only for the 70 year old French guy stroking a frame of bees with his moustache, and saying "they like it" :eek:great stuff.

Sorry, but please can someone enlighten me what it's about

Queen of the Sun: What Are the Bees Telling Us? (2010)
QUEEN OF THE SUN: What Are the Bees Telling Us? is a profound, alternative look at the global bee crisis from Taggart Siegel, director of THE REAL DIRT ON FARMER JOHN. Taking us on a journey through the catastrophic disappearance of bees and the mysterious world of the beehive, this engaging and ultimately uplifting film weaves an unusual and dramatic story of the heartfelt struggles of beekeepers, scientists and philosophers from around the world including Michael Pollan, Gunther Hauk and Vandana Shiva. Together they reveal both the problems and the solutions in renewing a culture in balance with nature. Written by Anonymous

In 1923, Rudolf Steiner, an Austrian scientist, philosopher & social innovator, predicted that in 80 to 100 years honeybees would collapse. Now, beekeepers around the United States and around the world are reporting an incredible loss of honeybees, a phenomenon deemed "Colony Collapse Disorder." This "pandemic" is indicated by bees disappearing in mass numbers from their hives with no clear single explanation. The queen is there, honey is there, but the bees are gone. For the first time, in an alarming inquiry into the insights behind Steiner's prediction QUEEN OF THE SUN: What Are the Bees Telling Us? investigates the long-term causes behind the dire global bee crisis through the eyes of biodynamic beekeepers, commercial beekeepers, scientists and philosophers. QUEEN OF THE SUN features world renowned biodynamic beekeeper Gunther Hauk, New York Times bestselling-author Michael Pollan, Indian Activist Vandana Shiva, and a compelling cast of characters from around the world. Together they take us on a journey through the catastrophic disappearance of bees and into the mysterious world of the beehive. The film unveils 10,000 years of beekeeping, illuminating the deep link between humans and bees and how that historic and sacred relationship has been lost due to highly mechanized industrial practices. Beekeeper Gunther Hauk calls the crisis, "More important even than global warming. We could call it Colony Collapse of the human being too." Bees are the engines that keep the earth in bloom. QUEEN OF THE SUN presents the bee crisis as a global wake-up call and illuminates a growing movement of beekeepers, community activists and scientists who are committed to renewing a culture in balance with nature.

Bobster

No point in this forum then really? i thought the point of this site was to post something and debate/discuss. If we just Googled it we'd just have a thread of references to other sites
BTW thanks Chrisfnvs and HM had eventually found this out but it's more fun to chew the fat on this forum :)

That could be a good idea JB,to not allow any links, or references of any kind on the forum at all.

Back