What to do next.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't give a flying feck what others think, all I can do is do what I do and if I balls everything up, sure I can look back and have a laugh at how much of a simple fcuker I was at that time.

What breathless arrogance!
A few beekeepers here take time to analyse your conundrums and bother to try to help you out.
I wouldn't be surprised if they stop

I stopped (or maybe didn't really get started) because JBM was offering superb advice. Unfortunately, the locals were seemingly giving more acceptable (but wrong) directions?

I think one beek has already stopped offering advice as it was not accepted, even though well thought out and simple to follow. I am thinking the advice offered, for another hobby, might be the best way forward for this person.

Better for the bees, at least.

What breathless arrogance!
A few beekeepers here take time to analyse your conundrums and bother to try to help you out.
I wouldn't be surprised if they stop

Relax solider, it was all abit of irish slang(read above). You english( i know your location is wales but yas are all the same really) are a strange aul species ;)

@Irishguy - you seem to be lurching from fire to fire! Where are you located? Do you have a local BKA you can ask for help?

I've had bees just over a year now, and I know I wouldn't have managed to get this far without the help of folk in the BKA - their knowledge and ability to take the panic out of situations is something I use all the time. I can't recommend strongly enough that you hook up with them!

@Irishguy - you seem to be lurching from fire to fire! Where are you located? Do you have a local BKA you can ask for help?

I've had bees just over a year now, and I know I wouldn't have managed to get this far without the help of folk in the BKA - their knowledge and ability to take the panic out of situations is something I use all the time. I can't recommend strongly enough that you hook up with them!

Im in mayo but the problem i have, theres no beeks close by that can pull me out of the mess i get myself into and kind of mentor me. Ive joined an association, go to meetings, write everything down(well get my daughter to because im useless at that carryon) but it all goes over my head. In saying all that thou, ive been mad busy with my new business, had a few deaths so close together(200miles away where im from), car wrote off and life so you can see where ive fecked up abit. Dont worry to much thou, ill get the hang of it somewhere along the line :).

Its looking like this, ive sniffed and pissed most my money away in my younger days, so since ive give all that madness up, ive found another madness to waste my money on.

So why waste peoples time.
It will all work out in the end. You may have less bees but it will work out.
From other threads you either ignore, forget or just bid it bollox when getting to the apiary.
Buy a printer and print the good advice out before you go

Yes mate.
Despite our best efforts to balls it up they survive.
Dont expand anymore though it could become chaotic.

Yes mate.
Despite our best efforts to balls it up they survive.
Dont expand anymore though it could become chaotic.

I was thinking of making a few nucs with the QCs because don't really know what else to do because if I leave it any longer, the boxes will be empty after all the castes have absconded.

Nucs maybe then unite them back together.
I dont know your situation over there.
Mine is in chaos weather is bad and bees are making queen cells but it will be ok.

Hi Irishguy.
You seem to have/had a lot on your plate.I would nt advise more nucs just yet!
Sort out the hives you have, take an unmbrella, yes the weather is total sh1te, in Clare too. be ready to get in there in the 1st dry moment you get. Always have a plan before opening a hive, be a bit prepared. Take back some control of them hives,

think, think, think again and then only ACT! Good luck

Hey Irish guy

Not offering advice on what to do with the hives but was wondering.... When you mark your queens do you let the paint dry before releasing queen back into hive?

Hey Irish guy

Not offering advice on what to do with the hives but was wondering.... When you mark your queens do you let the paint dry before releasing queen back into hive?

Yeah I let it dry for few mins then release her. TBH, it was my first time doing this.

I was thinking of making a few nucs with the QCs because don't really know what else to do because if I leave it any longer, the boxes will be empty after all the castes have absconded.

Like Burren

Try to put you recent colonies in order. Do not mix the soup more. You must have basic skills with your bees before you spread your system.

" was thinking of making a few nucs with the QCs because don't really know what else to do because if I leave it any longer, the boxes will be empty after all the castes have absconded. "

Sometimes it feels like you use the advice given here as a pick and mix but do whatever you fancy, THEN you come back and blame all the people whose advice you mashed together for the decisions that led to the mess ups.

Sometimes it seems that way!

" was thinking of making a few nucs with the QCs because don't really know what else to do because if I leave it any longer, the boxes will be empty after all the castes have absconded. "

Sometimes it feels like you use the advice given here as a pick and mix but do whatever you fancy, THEN you come back and blame all the people whose advice you mashed together for the decisions that led to the mess ups.

Sometimes it seems that way!

What advice, if you go through my last few threads you'll see there isn't much in the way of advice.

I would make a nuc as a spare with one of those queen cells and later unite it with another colony.
Your fly by the seat of your pants beekeeping might find a spare queen useful.
Try sticking to 3 or 4 hives max thought your head might pop if you get any more than that.

Latest posts

Back