Gnats / Mosquitos??

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartinL

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Appart from stopping them biting in the first place, what are your treatments for mozzy bites?

Have a few on my back after evening barbeque!!!!!

Antihistamine cream and or tablets.
Same as bee sting.

Anti-itch cream.

Some people react to mosquito bites and some dont.

A quintuple G&T- the quinine works wonders.

Was given this tip by a camping rep this year and it seems to work.
If you have no access to medical treatments make the sign of a cross with your fingernail as deep onto the bite as you can bear and it will give relief from scratching.
Don't ask me how but it works especially on ankles.

Teatree oil prior to bare skin bbq's..... :sunning:

Best lotion I ever used apart from the nasty chemist sprays is a product from France called Fa which is like a citrus or lemon based product.
You could also sit over by the geraniums as they don't like them either :)

Appart from stopping them biting in the first place, what are your treatments for mozzy bites?

Have a few on my back after evening barbeque!!!!!

Too late now but Naf horse midge repellant sprayed on BEFORE the event works wonders.

Toothpaste! I know it sounds strange but it really takes the itch out of both mozzie bites and bee stings.

Neem oil applied to the bites takes the itchiness away and no nasty red swelling after either. We use it on the horses to keep the horse flies off them but can be used for any bites/scratches. Buy online.

I am about to try out the toothpaste treatment as I have the most itchy mozzie bite I have ever had on my right t*t. I will keep you informed as to the efficacy!
Cazza

I am about to try out the toothpaste treatment as I have the most itchy mozzie bite I have ever had on my right t*t. I will keep you informed as to the efficacy!
Cazza

:icon_204-2: Sorry Cazza, I shouldn't laugh but I just blew tea out of my nose!!

Therapik has worked well at times. Never used against bee stings but bites are much less problematic if treated. Never tried it on J's right t*t (or even the left, for that matter), but works elsewhere, so would probably work.

Avon "Skin So Soft" bath products are very good at keeping flies off horses ---so may be as useful on humans as well!!

Cazza

Can't quite visualise what you mean Cazza...... put up a piccy or two :drool5::drool5:

Latest posts

Back