Deja vu

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beeno

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi all,
Well, the last time someone uttered I recognise "that arse anywhere" it was mine, bikini clad in Brittany in the 1980's. Today, it was a virgin queen's crawling into my bonefire to be. Of course, by the time I was suited and booted she was nowhere to be seen. Gently I lifted off a few layers of dried twigs, but nothing. Which one of my apideas could she have come from? I found one emerged QC, but was somewhat surprised to find her out and about. Ten minutes later she was surrounded by six workers which made her easier to find. Well, she is safely back inside with QE. Better see her out and in tomorrow! Nice long a..e, but needs plumping up.

Glad you found her :) Wonder what she was up to, investigating a bonfire?! Good job you saw her too! I shudder to think what could have happened!

You weren't in your bikini when you saw your Q?

Glad you found her :) Wonder what she was up to, investigating a bonfire?! Good job you saw her too! I shudder to think what could have happened!

I cannot think of any other explanation than it was her first orientation flight gone wrong. She landed short of the hive.

it would be rude not to answer swarms request !!

it would be rude not to answer swarms request !!

Sorry, Jimy I should have said she landed short of the Apidea. She did not get the chance to swarm! Shall keep an eye out for her today and see what other treasures I can find in my bonefire to be. Yesterday, I discovered two tiny frogs, so I must have had some frog spawn in my pond after all. The little things in life hey!

I think Swarm and Jimy Dee were being cheeky and requesting you tell them more about your bikini in Brittany lol ;)

Thanks kaz. That would be too much information!

Back