Wholesale

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikeb123

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
My first crop has been selling well at fairs and shows. I was approached by someone who has a shop and was interested in using me for their outlet. What price do people sell for wholesale, pure 1/2 and 1lb jars please.

A very individual question.

Basically as much as you can get / are happy with is the simple answer!

It all depends on the quantity / sale to the public price. Shops want their margin but I prefer to pick my shops and do not supply any that will not pay me a price I am happy with.

No point in telling you my prices as again different locations = different prices.

Very much an individual thing yes but i would just like to work out an average

i deliver honey to a deli near me for a guy i work with. the shop sells at the same price he does but they get to make a pound per jar. just an example may give you an idea.

I never drop my price but they can sell it for what they like. My 12 oz jars are selling for £6 at a local outlet
E

I never drop my price but they can sell it for what they like. My 12 oz jars are selling for £6 at a local outlet
E
I'm with you in the first part of the sentiment, ours is sale or return and we sell for £4 per 12oz jar. They can sell it on for whatever they want, usually £5.

If and when I sell mine, it'll be 10euro a jar to family and friends. I've told them I will in nocircumstances that ill be selling any cheaper. I've talked them through what's involved in making the honey right down to how great local honey is and 100% said they'd buy at this price. Great wee sales man I am lol. Now all I need to do is to rear bees to make honey!

it is I know but as I have said before at least 7 people within a 10 mile radius are selling at that prise or even cheaper and 1a pound jar at £3.50- £4-00

Do you sell cheaper in bulk?

Last edited:
If and when I sell mine, it'll be 10euro a jar to family and friends. I've told them I will in nocircumstances that ill be selling any cheaper. I've talked them through what's involved in making the honey right down to how great local honey is and 100% said they'd buy at this price. Great wee sales man I am lol. Now all I need to do is to rear bees to make honey!

Actually ... you need to become a beekeeper before you stand any chance of them making any honey ... the way you are going at present you'd be better off buying jars of Honey in Tesco and relabelling them 'Personally produced by Irishguy'.

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=258158216

(1.49 Euros.) 8.51 Euros profit (less a new label !). Less effort and more chance of success ....

Actually ... you need to become a beekeeper before you stand any chance of them making any honey ... the way you are going at present you'd be better off buying jars of Honey in Tesco and relabelling them 'Personally produced by Irishguy'.

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=258158216

(1.49 Euros.) 8.51 Euros profit (less a new label !). Less effort and more chance of success ....

The tax man would hang me if I got up to this carry-on lol

The tax man would hang me if I got up to this carry-on lol

I disagree, trading standards would have something to say, but the tax man would encourage you as long as he got his cut, probably.

One of the most important factors in the price is quantities and delivery or collection. 1000 jars delivered at £2 each or 2 jars delivered at £6 each, both a waste of time.

Latest posts

Back