The Super fairy Visits!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tremyfro

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Beehaus
Number of Hives
Possibly...5 and a bit...depends on the bees.
Last night a special fairy visited our house! it was a Super Fairy........4 wooden national supers full of frames with foundation...some with comb too....left in our front porch. No note...no message...are they for us?......a pressy from the Super Fairy. Early Xmas gift? No information yet......

Wow, that is really lovely.. weird but great all the same. You must have made some one very happy. You must deserve them. Well d
one you!

Do you have to have one of your supers drop out to get a visit from the super fairy? :D

Last night a special fairy visited our house! it was a Super Fairy........4 wooden national supers full of frames with foundation...some with comb too....left in our front porch.

I'll have to try that one on SWMBO (or maybe I have!)

Last night a special fairy visited our house! it was a Super Fairy........4 wooden national supers full of frames with foundation...some with comb too....left in our front porch. No note...no message...are they for us?......a pressy from the Super Fairy. Early Xmas gift? No information yet......

Yodel are always getting it wrong!!!

I'm not sure if I believe in fairies although there's something that walks the street around here with high heels and has a beard :eek:

Must be close relative to Tooth Fairy. Have grandchildren living next door....perhaps some confusion in the Fairy World. Expecting heavy mob to descend at any moment ...demanding return of these lovely supers! tongue is hanging out over them....getting very possessive.....as each hour passes they begin to look like MINE!

Must be close relative to Tooth Fairy. Have grandchildren living next door....perhaps some confusion in the Fairy World. Expecting heavy mob to descend at any moment ...demanding return of these lovely supers! tongue is hanging out over them....getting very possessive.....as each hour passes they begin to look like MINE!

Does anyone else keep bees near you who might have given up?
deep envy!

These things do happen - years ago I used to occasionally frequent the series III landrover forum and one person on there woke up one morning to find a load of Landy spares put on his drive

There is a neighbour keeping bees at the far end of our drive. Perhaps they are intended for him......shan't tell him that we have them tho....he will have to come looking! He has bees for a few years now but hasn't been able to harvest any honey as they are not doing very well. Unless someone is poking fun at him....leaving supers his bees can't fill! OOOOOh ....they really look like they are MINE. Bet my bees would love them. Will have to wait to see if anyone claims them. Could see a tug a war developing here!

Last edited:
So I'm guessing this isn't the same as the dog poo fairy, that leaves deposits outside my house (under the post box in the wall :rolleyes:)?! All the local dog owners I ask are shocked and horrified and disgusted, which is why I assume it must be a fairy. Thing is, it's a different shape and size each time! :laughing-smiley-014:

I live in the Vale, maybe they're mine. What's your address? I'll pop round and pick them up!

Nah....different fairy...the dog poo one. The dog poo fairy is always accompanied by a hairy four footed creature with a waggy tail. Somehow the supers have found their way onto an empty hive! Only for safekeeping you understand.....the rain was threatening......some of my bees were having a look. I think they are eyeing them up for a new home,........then they will be mine.
Don't bother coming round to collect them.......I have dogs......

Beware the foulbrood fairy:eek:

+1
Super boxes great and get the torch out but I would never expose my bees to something I didn't know the origin of after all wheres the brood box, full of dead bees somewhere?

Still waiting to find out where they came from! There are 2 supers with wax foundation and 2 supers with comb.....obviously extracted and not used this year. I have poly hives. If I were to use them...it wouldn't be until next year anyway.....all precautions would be taken.It may be that some irate beekeeper will turn up accusing us of theft! So we are just storing them at the moment. It cheered us up no end.....to think someone will be getting these supers as a it is not often you hear of such generosity.
Now....I wonder if the poly hive fairy is listening......I have a list of bits we would like ........

Latest posts

Back