• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

honey grading glasses wanted

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1 advert selling 4 sets of these on e bay, just listed under beekeeping.
They are french so maybe slightly different to UK

A certain well known Beekeeper (Michael Badger MBE) has had 70 sets of grading glasses made to the same specifications as the renowned glass BBJ grading glasses that some judges prefer to the plastic ones (which are also no longer available). He is asking about £38 per set I believe. His contact details are not difficult to find.

Last edited:
I think we should look to the future as these fragile non replaceable coloured glasses are not going to be around forever so we should be moving into the 21st century and have a universal grading method that everyone is able to access at a reasonable price.

Well blow me, look what I've just spotted on Thorne's website!

New, "National Honey Show Approved" show grading glasses at £30 a pair ...
http://www.thorne.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=6821

Welldone itma, I'll order mine when I get home, It must be a supply and demand thing, Seems a reasonable price compared to the price of secondhand rubbish they are selling on ebay :biggrinjester:

Latest posts

Back