Bee Houses/Sheds

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the ones I have seen you fit the glass window 1” short from the top, the bees fly towards the light and move up the glass and out of the gap.

That sounds like a great idea. :thanks:

Still musing about the tunnel thing.
I am guessing I could knock something up in cedar and fix the hive stand to the floor in some way, so the tunnel doesn't pull away from the wall

It's not exactly a tunnel more like couple of inches extension so as to keep the face of the hive and a simple roof off the inside wall of the shed. A few strips of foam fixed to the end of the extension helps with small gaps. Fixing the floor will be a good thing as from experience a small knock results in plenty of confused bees in the shed.

Last edited:
It's not exactly a tunnel more like couple of inches extension so as to keep the face of the hive and a simple roof off the inside wall of the shed. A few strips of foam fixed to the end of the extension helps with small gaps. Fixing the floor will be a good thing as from experience a small knock results in plenty of confused bees in the shed.

Thanks Tom
Foam would help quite a bit.
How do the bees react to it ?

Only talking about a thin strip and compressed against the wall of the shed and hardly noticed by the bees. In an ideal world there would be no need for it. Others would say it can hold disease.

Bee House

Just putting the finishing touches to my beehouse. An 8x6 shed with slots, the tunnels to the hives are electrical conduit connectors. Hives (up to 4) will be held tight with webbing. I have gone for the multi-colour effect on the outside to help the little ones find the right hive (or I just like the effect).

Lots of ventilation going in and an escape in the gable. My bees were in a bad spot previously, the sun will now light up the entrance nice and early East to South East facing and out of the damp...as much as you can in the hills of east Lancashire.

Looking forward to lots of lovely honey from all the Himalayan Balsam in the area.

Just putting the finishing touches to my beehouse. An 8x6 shed with slots, the tunnels to the hives are electrical conduit connectors. Hives (up to 4) will be held tight with webbing. I have gone for the multi-colour effect on the outside to help the little ones find the right hive (or I just like the effect).

Lots of ventilation going in and an escape in the gable. My bees were in a bad spot previously, the sun will now light up the entrance nice and early East to South East facing and out of the damp...as much as you can in the hills of east Lancashire.

Looking forward to lots of lovely honey from all the Himalayan Balsam in the area.

Any chance of a photo or two please

Eugene

I saw in Slovenia many beehives sheds.
Mobile and stationary ones.

I hope you can find some info and plans here:
czs.si/cebelar_cebelnjaki.php

Latest posts

Back