Hi

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome
Can you be more specific with location.........
I too am based in the north.
Happy beekeeping
Xxxx

Hi Hedgehog, yes I can, I am quite a bit further North than you. in fact over 100 miles.

A little bit about myself, I started this year with two packages of bees in May, set up in two 14x12 poly hives, had one swarm which I captured & got a lovely video of it. later merged two 14x12 brood boxes with one queen & ended up with two queens in the same hive, all very interesting. I now have 3 hives & 3 nucs all doing really well. I didn't take any honey this year I left it all for the bees, though I did try a spoonful & it was beautiful !

Just watched your video, excellent.

It's not often that you catch them actually emerging, and they were very co-operative, choosing an almost text book classic branch to cluster on.

You must have a very long hosepipe!

The only thing I would have done differently is to put the queen excluder over the entrance to your nuc box to stop them taking off again.

They were fanning pretty much straight away so I figured they weren't going anywhere, I preferred them to want to stay there rather than force them, happier bees.:thanks:

Just watched your video, excellent.

It's not often that you catch them actually emerging, and they were very co-operative, choosing an almost text book classic branch to cluster on.

You must have a very long hosepipe!

The only thing I would have done differently is to put the queen excluder over the entrance to your nuc box to stop them taking off again.

The hose pipe reaches over the garden fence, i wont go for the obvious joke Lol. I did have a bottle spray just in case.

Latest posts

Back