Coffe with honey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always....last 30 years. Can't drink it without
E

It's OK but still prefer brown sugar.
Don't try honey in hot chocolate :puke: way too sweet and sickly

I wish I hadn't tried it. It is really nice but I don't take sugar in coffee normally so think the extra calories would be very bad.

I wish I hadn't tried it. It is really nice but I don't take sugar in coffee normally so think the extra calories would be very bad.

A teaspoon of honey is only 20 or so calories. A drop in the ocean really. I love it in Nespresso vanilla latte. Yum!

As jimmys mum says 20 calories. It depends whether those 20 would make a significant difference to your life. I love porridge with a spoon of honey. Yummy,good for cholesterol too.

Last edited:
Spread over roasting lamb, on cereal, in cakes, out of the spinner, off your fingers....just raw! I'm hooked!

The only thing I've found that doesn't work with honey is custard (made with custard powder). The custard won't thicken, and if you thicken it without the honey first, as soon as you add honey the custard goes back to the consistency of milk.

I'd have a go making proper custard, but am loth to waste eggs and cream maybe just to end up with vanilla and honey flavoured egg nog.

The only thing I've found that doesn't work with honey is custard (made with custard powder). The custard won't thicken, and if you thicken it without the honey first, as soon as you add honey the custard goes back to the consistency of milk.

I'd have a go making proper custard, but am loth to waste eggs and cream maybe just to end up with vanilla and honey flavoured egg nog.

You won't believe this but I was just about to try custard powdered custard with honey when I read your post.....phew! Thanks, won't bother!
Just add it to the pudding and then pour the custard over the top I guess. I wonder why it does that though!
E

Not runny custard, but this BBC recipe does make a good set egg custard http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/11880/honey-custard-
That looks a good recipe, BJ, I'll have to try it. If honey works with egg custard, then maybe it will with proper custard?

Ah, I've just noticed in the recipe a line which reads: "Prepare 4-5 the oven proof serving dishes, as the custard is too soft to turn out onto the plate"
So the set isn't brilliant with these either.
Worth a go though.

You won't believe this but I was just about to try custard powdered custard with honey when I read your post.....phew! Thanks, won't bother!
Just add it to the pudding and then pour the custard over the top I guess. I wonder why it does that though!
E
The honey's obviously stopping the cornflour thickening but I don't know why. I tried three separate times, 'cos I love custard but gave up sugar several years ago. I now compromise by using fruit sugar in custard, and make it less often.

No the set isn't always good enough for it to turn out so it looks like a jelly, but then I've never successfully turned an egg custard out of a dish - they either slump or split, so I gave up trying. Serve from the baking dish with a spoon, or make individual ones. It does taste lovely.

Cream crackers with set honey.
Very nice. The crackers aren't as crunchy as jacobs so are a bit more flakey ..
A little like iced gems almost.

Coffee with honey NICE

Coffee and honey is good. Try honey from different times of the year with different coffees.

A chappie at work ONLY drinks green tea (made with bottled water) with honey. Seems a bit odd, but has about 60lb of honey from me a year, so I can't complain! :)

Latest posts

Back