thrones sales

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couldn't hide the parcels from the OH as I'm rubbish at woodwork so he has to build all my bee keeping stuff.........

Oh Mrs WM you should have a go...it's great fun once you have the basics to modify and fix everything to suit you too.
I am, however, quite scared of husbands noisy circular saw that he uses without a guard!!!!!

Do I see aloes amongst that lot - plenty of those where I was in Southern Africa (Lesotho) it's their national plant - get a good honey crop off it as well apparently. Saw some flower stems thee nearly 20 feet high

Those are all Haworthia, which do produce quite a bit of Nectar but never seen bees on them. I do have a few Aloes, normal ones, grass Aloes and one tree Aloe, its a cutting I got last year, I say a cutting it's nearly three tall! The greenhouse is 24 foot by 16 foot and 12 foot to the ridge but not sure if that going to be tall enough for the tree Aloe!

Cheers

Bill

Spoke to lovely T$ornes today on the phone, they say orders that include foundation will be sent in warmer weather. So it doesn't shatter in the freezing temperatures. Lots of people get theirs from exchange, so may be the reason some get their orders earlier?:toetap05:
Mogwyth..... everyone will be after a pot from you now, so be warned:leaving:

Last edited:
Need to get some bees first lol

Got my order today, unfortunately it was left at in a neighbours as the courier was couldn't be bothered to come up our lane and one box and contents are damaged, going to unpack now to see how bad.

Bill

Ordered my stuff at 9am on the 3rd - all national stuff, no frames, no foundation. Website says 'processing'

Need to get some bees first lol

Got my order today, unfortunately it was left at in a neighbours as the courier was couldn't be bothered to come up our lane and one box and contents are damaged, going to unpack now to see how bad.

Bill

Only one roof cover slightly damaged, emailed them with a picture of the damaged box and roof, no quibbles new one in the post.

Bill

Looks like they are still processing orders from the first day, so I suppose I have to wait another week or two for my far too late order from the 10th. That was totally unplanned to be so late, but couldn't be helped, so I had to live with multiple things being sold out the first day or shall I say the first hour?

Have to admit that I look forward to start putting Supers and Frames together, lets hope for a good season for all of us.

A cute move by them.

Think about the ergonomics/economics of their sale. They have clearly (I would suggest) planned to reduce prices in the normally slack part of the year by selling off some accumulated seconds and clearance lines among the continued production, to fulfil the 'sale' orders for in-house manufactured items.

Normal sale - lots of cheap stock to offload, keeping packing staff really busy for the first week.

This type of sale would see the manufacturing staff busy before the event, but not fully utilised beween start of sale and the new season (hopefully starting about March).

The way they seem to have organised themselves now is to have (probable) reduced staffing levels in the manufacturing section and/or more fully utilised those workers by taking orders and then simply manufacturing that demand over a much longer period using cheaper grades of timber. Likely, the manufacturing personnel transferred to the despatch area for the first few days to clear the rush of real sales clearance items, then carry on making less than perfect items for sale orders with those components.

Well, that is the way I see it. Sensible organisation of labour. Not so much a sale, like the one-day scrums where they are selling a pre-manufactured items, but a period of cheaper quality output combined with the proper sale of limited clearance items.

Good move to say/suggest there was plenty of National stuff available, I reckon; probably still in the store as planks or still in transit from their timber suppliers.

They are now having to compete with cheaper(?) 'Lan Make' stuff and have likely needed to streamline their production to reduce costs. Possible reason for some extended delivery peiods as exprienced by some during the busy season? That trading loss, quoted way back in the thread(?) might be a clue that their stranglehold on quality at a high cost has been compromised by cheaper stuff all year round. Don't get me wrong - the thrones first quality is just that, spot on accuracy with no knotty timber, dead or live, good grain direction and good surface finish, but that costs a premium. Perhaps they should be renaming their products as premium, budget, low buget and seconds?

Looks like they are still processing orders from the first day, so I suppose I have to wait another week or two for my far too late order from the 10th. That was totally unplanned to be so late, but couldn't be helped, so I had to live with multiple things being sold out the first day or shall I say the first hour?

Have to admit that I look forward to start putting Supers and Frames together, lets hope for a good season for all of us.

i put in a large order on the 3rd with 14x12 brrod at 9:00 ,still not arrived but a second order put in on the 17th without broods has arrived

So it depends on whats in your order

Very impressed order arrived 21st, reported damage item that evening replacement arrived on the 23rd.

Bill

i put in a large order on the 3rd with 14x12 brrod at 9:00 ,still not arrived but a second order put in on the 17th without broods has arrived
So it depends on whats in your order

Okay, looks like I will have to wait longer. I got some BB in there and Labels for them to print, which I think makes it a longer delivery time anyway.... will have to wait and see.

YIPPEE CHRISTMAS TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!All arrived safe and sound............< skips off skipping and singing>..................:cheers2:

made mine on 9th .money out on 12th .not got anything as yet...no response
to my email's,will phone on Friday if nothing come's..would be nice of them to keep every one informed as to how thing's stand..

Ordered some stuff on 3rd about 9AM. Arrived today...so guess they still have quite a backlog to work through

Sounds like they had lots and lots of orders, maybe a lot more then they expected and if there are still open orders from the 3rd....

I guess we just have to be all a bit more patient.

Latest posts

Back