Tamper proof seals for 1/2 lb jars

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
30+
Hi all, advice please. I normally produce and sell honey in 1/2 lb jars and am now looking to use tamper proof seals however from lots of research the standard ones are 100 mm long which will be too long for those jars don't you think? I've been in touch with a label printing company that can do these but they want to know length... has anyone had tamper proofs done for smaller jars? If so what overall length did you go for or if anyone could suggest a length? Cheers.

Ts sell them at 162mm.
Suggestion is that you tuck the tail(s) under your label(s)

Ts sell them at 162mm.
Suggestion is that you tuck the tail(s) under your label(s)

Specifically, you should apply the main label after the anti-tamper one, with the main label covering (and thereby securing) the 'tail'.

/ And if you really think the tail is too long ... a pair of scissors would sort things quickly!

Specifically, you should apply the main label after the anti-tamper one, with the main label covering (and thereby securing) the 'tail'.

/ And if you really think the tail is too long ... a pair of scissors would sort things quickly!

Yep, that'd be the plan... I'm just wondering about measurements so I don't have to snip the bottom... have you guys done it for smaller jars? Was the tail totally covered by the label?

Yep, that'd be the plan... I'm just wondering about measurements so I don't have to snip the bottom... have you guys done it for smaller jars? Was the tail totally covered by the label?

I'll measure the tails, on my anti-tamper labels for my 12oz hex jars. The main label covers with no issue, no cutting!

i use thorns tamperproof on 4oz, just shorten them and place the 4oz label over the cut end

the tamperprrof should go under the main label otherwise the tampe rproof label can easily be repalced

I'll measure the tails, on my anti-tamper labels for my 12oz hex jars. The main label covers with no issue, no cutting!
Thankyou! I guess mine would be the equivalent of 8 oz hex jars... on thrones they quote their tamper labels as 100 mm, does anyone know if that includes the circlet at the top as in total length or is that the tail? I've mocked up a piece of paper 100 mm long and placed from top of jar and it goes halfway down below label so should be ok if that's the case.

Thankyou! I guess mine would be the equivalent of 8 oz hex jars... on thrones they quote their tamper labels as 100 mm, does anyone know if that includes the circlet at the top as in total length or is that the tail? I've mocked up a piece of paper 100 mm long and placed from top of jar and it goes halfway down below label so should be ok if that's the case.

total length of my anti-tamper labels are 95mm - includes circlet as you call it!

the actual tail length (e.g. the lollipop) excluding the globe is 68mm.

Brilliant!! Thankyou, saves me buying a few as a test! That's a pint I owe a few of you on here. Thanks mm, Einstein, itma and dn for your help!

Brilliant!! Thankyou, saves me buying a few as a test! That's a pint I owe a few of you on here. Thanks mm, Einstein, itma and dn for your help!

no problems, I had to find a ruler! I know I'd seen one somewhere, it was in my honey warming cabinet, I've no idea, what I was using it for there!!!

no problems, I had to find a ruler! I know I'd seen one somewhere, it was in my honey warming cabinet, I've no idea, what I was using it for there!!!

Maybe you were using it to measure the temperature

Latest posts

Back