• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Are they mad ???

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Painted up will look the part next to the delphiniums and forsythia.

They look quite good compared to the ones offered for sale at some Bee Auctions :hairpull:

yep seen worse and that's in my back garden lol

I'v seen worst than that with bees in it

yes agree

Our oldest member who wins all the honey prizes in the BKA has hives that look worse than that .

The hives leak bees like a sieve and one of his hives in a wood near a public path was reported to the RBI that is had been abandoned fortunately the SBI had inspected it earlier in the spring and new it wasn't abandoned

I'v seen worst than that with bees in it

I know you have - every Sunday in Soweto (the part of our association apiary where the 'feral beekeeper' is allowed to have his bees - for all the rest of you who don't know what we're on about!)

Those are wbc lifts and probably cedar. Seen the price of buying those new recently? If you live near there the current price of £6.50 is hell of a steal. Price of proper kit these days is so much so 2nd hand, IF you know how to clean it and if its not falling apart / full of holes is not a bad option.

My other half was offered two second hand hives for £250 - ovno - the other day!!!!

perhaps I should have added, he didn't buy them - sorry Redwood!

And no holes required here jbm; thanks for the thought though :)

Latest posts

Back