Honey rather than sugar

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question is that if some one says that honey is better winter food to bees, my duty is to say that normal sugar is as good.

That is what I say.

You can waste you money just as you wish. YIOu may pay douple price for nothing, but why you need to genarate pure lies around it?

Why modern scciece facts are not enough to you. You must find your own reasons why a beginner do his stupid things as they do.

There is no limit to this carbage

All facst are in Internet with your own language, Why don't you use them!

The facts are these: :facts:
The poster asked about leaving the honey on as they are in ill health and unable to take off the supers.
The money is irrelevant as the poster is unable to extract it from anyone via processing the honey.
The bees have survived on winter honey stores since before Adam and Eve first learned to steal the honey and then learned that the bees starved without it so gave them sugar.
The poster is not wasting money: they are just not able to make any this year.
I can often see the scientific evidence in your posts but we are not talking science here we are talking a practical solution to a practical problem,not able to take off supers and extract due to ill health.:hairpull::beatdeadhorse5:

Last edited:
OH my goodnes, Do just you like. Sleep well.

These guys here have got 280 lbs as average yield this summer. They are proud that they walk 2 inch over the earth. They sel the honey and give sugar for winter.

We live here real life and dream less about big yields. They know how to do it. That is what they are proud for.

Just guy whot got 140 kg/per hive, he said that he has bees busy, He had repaired his cornd harvester machine two days. IOt is so old that metal brajes all the time.

These guys have not much theories about beekeeping. They just do it.

No nutritional evidence then Finman?

These guys have not much theories about beekeeping. They just do it.

... and that's why an increasingly large number of us believe that such practices are the reason for most of things that are wrong with the bees.

No nutritional evidence then Finman?

I have so much nutritional evidencies about bee nutrition, that you need one year to read them. And when you have not basic knowledge about aminoacids and so on, you cannot understand what you read.

.As a one hive owner, you should keep a little bit lower profile.

bless you

Depends if you keep bees to make money or as a hobby! I'm a hobbyist, the honey that I may get is just a bonus to me.

Bees have been to me a hobby 51 year. I bought my first apartmeth with honey money in capital city 1973. ----- eh eh to extra bonus....

Which bug comes to you and say:" hi guys. Here is a free apartment to your. You are so nice. This is a key. You should only kiss me".

But it does not happens so easily that "here is money, there is money, that apartment is mine"-

To get honey from hives, sell them on markets, it is really hard work. Nothing comes for free. And less in this decade.

We have in Europe 10% uemployment and guys here say that money means nothing. Not sugar price, not hive price, not amount of yield.

Everythingh is like dream to some. They must become from good family. But if you have one hive, you have not even ability get honey yield, Skill are not enough to do that.

. It is skills which have meaning in beekeeping. Nothing else.

"To get honey from hives, sell them on markets, it is really hard work?"
As a psychotherapist how would you get through to Finman that you are less worried about the money in the honey than your health.?
"Nothing comes for free. And less in this decade." ? Nothing can be less than Nothing. Or are you a banker in your working life and only a beekeeper as a hobby?

Last edited:
Bees have been to me a hobby 51 year. I bought my first apartmeth with honey money in capital city 1973. ----- eh eh to extra bonus....

Which bug comes to you and say:" hi guys. Here is a free apartment to your. You are so nice. This is a key. You should only kiss me".

But it does not happens so easily that "here is money, there is money, that apartment is mine"-

To get honey from hives, sell them on markets, it is really hard work. Nothing comes for free. And less in this decade.

We have in Europe 10% uemployment and guys here say that money means nothing. Not sugar price, not hive price, not amount of yield.

Everythingh is like dream to some. They must become from good family. But if you have one hive, you have not even ability get honey yield, Skill are not enough to do that.

. It is skills which have meaning in beekeeping. Nothing else.

what?

:facts:

Out with them, or continue to be nothing more than a troll.

Finman -

The original poster (person asking question) asked if his (word meaning ownership) bees would be badly affected (harmed, damaged, at risk) if due to ill-health (unwell, ailing, not good) he could not remove the supers this year (not next year, or every year, just this year)...

And the simple answer is no they will not.

The post was not how to get bees through winter, what we should all do, how anyone with only one hive has no right to an opinion...in your opinion. It was a simple question which required only a simple answer - rather than dashing into the undergrowth arguing about a multitude of beekeeping arguments...and claiming we are all fools...

Finman -

The original poster

This was a second writing and I answered to that

It will be much better for them to overwinter with honey to feed them rather than sugar syrup .

I answered that sugar syrup is as good winter food as honey.

That was my answer to 1-hive owner paragyle.

And then arised a battle with other 1-hive owners

"To get honey from hives, sell them on markets, it is really hard work?"
As a psychotherapist how would you get through to Finman that you are less worried about the money in the honey than your health.?
"
blaa blaa blaaa blaaaa?

What you invent next Margaret Elisabeth from your head?

I have beed in bed now 10 days. I got blood poisoning into my leg. It is dedly.

I collapsed to floor in extracting room in the middle of work. I put light off and go to uptairs. I sleeped 4 days and I had awfull pains in my leg.
I did not knew what is going on.

I drove to hospital where they started to give antibiot at once. I have got antibiot to vein one week now.

Margaret, how can you say that I do not mind about sicknes? My age is 66 and I know what is sicknes. I have 3 children too ,,,

But I cannot understand, why those "do nothing ladies" are ready to blame me that I think only for money?

Yes, I thinked for money because each bottle of antibiot cost is £ 86.
10 days cure £ 900 . well well who pays it?

Luckily Hospital ask only £12/day for cure.

You surely are so rich on your isle that you need not think about money .
-

Goodness gracious me! don't you all get it - honey is bad for bees, you must feed sugar every time, we are doing the bees a favour every autumn by taking away every leetle drop of nasssssty honey and giving the bees sugar instead.You'll be saying next we should force them to eat Ambrosia!
Six pages of pointless wittering and you can't get that into your heads.
Doesn't matter whether you cannot get the supers off for some reason It shouldn't bee there!! maybe we should lead a campaign to stop people forcing their bees to make honey :D
Off to stick some hot needles in my eyeballs now!

Goodness gracious me! don't you all get it - honey is bad for bees, you must feed sugar every time, we are doing the bees a favour every autumn by taking away every leetle drop of nasssssty honey and giving the bees sugar instead.You'll be saying next we should force them to eat Ambrosia!
Six pages of pointless wittering and you can't get that into your heads.
Doesn't matter whether you cannot get the supers off for some reason It shouldn't bee there!! maybe we should lead a campaign to stop people forcing their bees to make honey :D
Off to stick some hot needles in my eyeballs now!

Feed the bees sugar
Feed the bees sugar
Feed the bees sugar
Feed the bees sugar
Feed the bees sugar
Feed the bees sugar

Cheaper than honey
Cheaper than honey
Cheaper than honey
Cheaper than honey
Cheaper than honey
Cheaper than honey