Insects around my hive

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McNulty

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
Grabbed the camera for the first time in ages this weekend. The first one is one of Hivemakers granddaughters. The second is an Eyed Hawkmoth I think. No idea of the bug in the third.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Superb.

Out of interest, what camera do you use?

Some sort of solitary bee I think. It was about 2/3 rds the size of an AM bee. Really cute. I only managed a couple of quick shots before it flew away so not the best standard of photography.

picture.php

I use a D300s. Old and decrepit by today's standards

Also, I have uploaded these pics to my album and then copied the URL's from there into this post. When I upload pics into my album they aren't shown in their full resolution. If I upload an 800 pixel and a 1200 pixel image into the album they both show the same size image. How do I get full res images to show in this post?

Last edited:
I am more interested in how you manage to post them on the forum like that. All I get is the thumbnail version.....can you talk me through how you get your amazing photo's on the site
E

It took me ages last night to work it out. In the end I had to upload them to my album (under the USER CP) heading. Then if you click on one of your pics it gives you a URL underneath, copy that. Then when you open a thread/post, click on the insert image icon on the post's toolbar and paste in the previous URL. I tried for ages to link the pics from my flickr account but couldnt work it out. A link from flickr would be better because they are shown in better resolution.

And yeah, I spent half an hour bashing my head against the wall too when all I could get was thumbnail images after uploading attachments!!

Last edited:
A few from this evening, the boards are full of fanning bees!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
picture.php

Thanks for the tip of how to insert them!

I may have to get my D300S out and have a play as your photos are stunning!
What lens are you using?

Im using a tamron 90mm, my fav macro lens.

another thing ive found is to upload images to your album at 600 pixels wide. My first few images were at 800 pixels and they automatically get downsized to 600. They come out sharper if you make them 600 pixels yourself. My first few images are slightly less sharp because of the auto downsizing.

Thanks for the upload info. Will try it in future, should be down as a sticky to tell people how to do it
E

Latest posts

Back