Hello All.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

00jacksonp

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
Hi everyone , i am new to the forum but have been beekeeping a number of years now .
I currently use commercial hives but was wondering what the most popular hive type in the UK is and why?

Hi everyone , i am new to the forum but have been beekeeping a number of years now .
I currently use commercial hives but was wondering what the most popular hive type in the UK is and why?

I keep Commercial north of you. The only reason not to would be Demareeing onto four supers (on a pallet) or two (on stand). Currently have Demaree shoulder.

Not keen on brood and a half Nats at all but no problem with single Nats and bees that fit in them (if healthy ;)).

Welcome btw :)

I have poly nationals...ended up with brood and a half....some colonies are going into long hives this year.....we are all totally jealous of Parglyes Starship....but don't tell him...when he gets bored of it...I'm first on the list!
And Welcome..of course.

it's a bug in the forum... photos stored on this site can disappear at random.

was wondering what the most popular hive type in the UK is and why?

Beehives, of course! Mostly framed. Mostly timber, but plastic catching up?

commercials like yourself, plus nationals and rose

Delayed action OP June 2013, and original posters last visit, almost a year ago...welcome to the forum, 00jacksonp.

I use nationals but that is because I started with them and built up stocks over the years. If I were to start again I would be using a larger brood box. Often think of using larger brood box's anyway and using my old bb's as supers but my extractor won't take the frames!
E

Quick hello! Don't pop up often so I am not often seen - I use Nationals and WBC...but if I knew then wht I know now...it would be Rose OSB system or Langstroth...

Latest posts

Back