making polish

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpearce4

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
a few more than last year but still not enough
how clean should the wax be when making polish. can it be the slightly green wax of must it be the lovely yellow stuff as I would like to use that for candle making.

Greetings,
ours is slightly green but the furniture doesn't mind neither do the boots and shoes, my better half made it with olive oil, smells awesome.

Greetings,
The only reason we use olive oil is because we have gallons of the stuff, goes well with home grown toms and a few slices of goats cheese, oh! and a glass of red.

Olive oil for me too. Smells a lot better when making it in the kitchen.

Have used clean wax with sweet almond oil to make hand cream which is almost the same method as the polish making too.

Why use a non drying oil - olive oil - in a polish? I would be interested to hear

Carnuba wax is often added to wax polish to add a degree of brilliance and it in its unrefined state is greenish.

Why use a non drying oil - olive oil - in a polish? I would be interested to hear

Carnuba wax is often added to wax polish to add a degree of brilliance and it in its unrefined state is greenish.

Olive oil acts like a moisturizer for the wood !

Coconut oil acts the same it also cleans

carnauba wax is also added to give not only the added shine but a toughness to the surface, carnauba is main wax type in automotive polishes

Latest posts

Back