• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted: Beginner setup near Manchester

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honeypi

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi all,

I'm pretty new to this but have a few local friends with experience to help me out.

I'm looking for a basic setup that will get me going this year. Definitely after a National hive for convenience of expansion, etc. Looking for a mesh floor, brood chamber, Queen excluder, one or two supers and a roof. And the bees themselves, of course! Feel free to convince me that I need more/less/different stuff.

Open to offers, suggestions and advice!

Thanks, it would be great if you could bear us in mind. Let's hope they all survive!

There may also be an opportunity to pick up some stuff from one of the regional conventions at a marked down price if you or your associates are thinking of going.

Feel free to convince me that I need more/less/different stuff.

Open to offers, suggestions and advice!

You might like to consider the commercial which is compatible with the national (i.e. the same footprint). The extra depth gives you about the same comb area as a Langstroth but is obviously heavier. Often the National brood box is not deep enough, especially for more vigorous queens.

Latest posts

Back