• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

EBAY Extractor - My concerns

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floyd

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
2 National
I have been on Ebay today and have noticed this listing

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-Frames-..._Pet_Supplies_Bee_Keeping&hash=item4adcb4eee0

The offer of a reduction from £199 to £109 due to being the last one is very tempting. However if you look at the sellers other items. They are accepting bids on a further 3 extractors.

The seller has no verified feedback despite being a member since 23 May 2014. They are also based in China even though the item location is stated as London

I maybe wrong but this looks like a real risky account to be purchasing from and my concerns have certainly stopped me from purchasing.

Hopefully I am wrong and this is not a con because 2 people seem to have purchased today.

Just pay with Paypal and should you not be satisfied just complain to paypal and you'll get your money back - thats the whole point of the complaints procedure

someone else selling the same thing .well picture's the same ..so im out on this one...

I have been on Ebay today and have noticed this listing

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-Frames-..._Pet_Supplies_Bee_Keeping&hash=item4adcb4eee0

The offer of a reduction from £199 to £109 due to being the last one is very tempting. However if you look at the sellers other items. They are accepting bids on a further 3 extractors.

The seller has no verified feedback despite being a member since 23 May 2014. They are also based in China even though the item location is stated as London

I maybe wrong but this looks like a real risky account to be purchasing from and my concerns have certainly stopped me from purchasing.

Hopefully I am wrong and this is not a con because 2 people seem to have purchased today.

If it looks too good to be true, it almost certainly is.

Get them to confirm the item is in London, but I'd still be sceptical.

I'm not too excited about the gearing being inside the drum and the welding looks substandard and likely to fail

No experience of them, but cheap Chinese extractors are exactly that. Cheap and Chinese. Both synonymous with carp quality, if you were to ask me.

Extractors can take a hammering if a frame breaks while the machine is at speed and the balance is upset. The better ones survive unscathed. Metal gears may mean non food grade metal filings; legs that do not support much of the body will just exacerbate any problems of too-thin sheet metal.

See one before you buy is a good idea.

I rather agree with the maxim of buy cheap, buy twice.

But your choice. If you buy, let the forum know how you get on with it. It may save others some hard-earned dosh.

Seen a similar Chinese extractor but with red legs bought by one of our beginners

A few issues I noticed
1) cogs are non food grade and rust
2)it leaked through the rivets holding handled on
3)cage had rust on rivets
4) unstable when spun
5)30lb bucket did not fit under t
Honey gate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just pay with Paypal and should you not be satisfied just complain to paypal and you'll get your money back - thats the whole point of the complaints procedure

Paypal only gives you 60 days grace, though.

The description leaves a bit to be desired - "Food grade stainless steel Tank ensure you a safe and health Honey Extractor Work" rest of description similarly badly translated. Posted to UK unless you live off shore or in the Scottish Highlands.

People seem to be bidding on them.

I bought a German stainless steel 4 frame extractor for around £200. It is a joy to use, easy to clean, and I can actually squeeze 8 shallow national frames in at a time. That supplier is no longer available, but I have seen similar advertised since. They are around, just take a bit of searching at the right time of year.

Try Abelo, they are Uk agents forl Lyson.

The Lyson extractors are good quality and work well, not expensive compared to the competition either.

Latest posts

Back