What type of bees do you like best?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What tyep of bees do you like?

• Italian

Votes: 13 7.3%
  • Carniolan

Votes: 33 18.4%
  • Russian

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Other

Votes: 129 72.1%

• Total voters
Russian bees means nothing to most of us as none can be imported to europe

Primorsky queens have been imported from the USA and used in breeding programs in Europe.

"In 2001 I got the first Primorsky queens from Josef Koller in Germany. Primorsky -bees originate from the Far-East area in Russia near Vladivostok, and they were taken to USA by prof. Rinderer. From USA there was export to Germany and many European breeders started working with these bees. They vary in appearance, from mixed orange to grey, Carniolan like bees."
From a link originally posted by Beejoyful in the Beestuff in Thailand and Cambodia thread... http://http://www.saunalahti.fi/lunden/varroakertomus.htm

Primorsky queens have been imported from the USA and used in breeding programs in Europe.
]

It seems not to be very favorite. Russian bee has odd habits.

. BUt it is not a key to avoid varroa.

A Kefuss bee seems to have good anti varroa properties abut it has too very anti beekeeper properties. The price of queen are huge.

I suppose that Lions Den knows better the case

A Kefuss bee seems to have good anti varroa properties abut it has too very anti beekeeper properties. The price of queen are huge.

Anti-beekeeper properties not welcome ...... don't like spacesuit beekeeping.:patriot:

Is it me or does the Queen in the pic on page 2 have a green skull painted on her? Lol

Hi, everybody. I like Russian bees. I live in the Ural and our climate is severe. It type of bees is very strict. In some regions of Russia others types of bees are prohibited. So I have Carpathian bees. Carpathian bees is more
peaceful than Russian bees.

I like my hybrid bees which will have plenty carniolan and lots more besides.

you all seem to be wrong, seems obvious to me sat here in Yorkshire, free ones of course.

I have no idea what they are nor do I care. Local bees making local honey for local people. That's what I want.

I like Buckfast more and more. Imported 3 queens straight from a breeder in Germany this Summer (sorry if that annoys you). They are very prolific, established beautiful brood nests in no time and are unbelievably calm. No idea how they will winter or what they will produce next year, but I am eagerly waiting.

I like Buckfast more and more. No idea how they will winter or what they will produce next year, but I am eagerly waiting.
or whether the daughter queens will produce bad tempered bees.

or whether the daughter queens will produce bad tempered bees.
You don't really know that of any queen though......

But so far the few Buckfast daughters that mated here has been OK temper wise. I know you have no influence over who they mate with but I encourage some colonies to rear lots of drones (as in thousands) - hopefully increasing the odds a bit.

Latest posts

Back