Book suggestions

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy

Drone Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I've enjoyed reading these books, any other suggestions for non-technical beekeeping books?

Manley (all)
Oliver Field (both)
Willie Robson
Richard Taylor (all)
Donald Sims
Rawson
Brother Adam (all)
Seeley (Honey bee democracy)

Thanks

Harry Whitcombe; Bees are my Business.
Norman Rice; Queens' Land.
CC Miller; Fifty Years Among the Bees.
Julian Johnston; A Nomad Amongst the Bees.

Last edited:
I've enjoyed reading these books, any other suggestions for non-technical beekeeping books?

Manley (all)
Oliver Field (both)
Willie Robson
Richard Taylor (all)
Donald Sims
Rawson
Brother Adam (all)
Seeley (Honey bee democracy)

Thanks
I am selling a great book on my thread below yours.:banghead:

Harry Whitcombe; Bees are my Business.
Norman Rice; Queens' Land.
CC Miller; Fifty Years Among the Bees.
Julian Johnston; A Nomad Amongst the Bees.

Thanks, I've read most of Miller but was easily diverted from finishing it.

The first and last of your list look tempting......

Priciples of practical beekeeping by Robert Couston N.D.B
F.R.E.S.

I've enjoyed reading these books,
I did not read so many yet :) What modern books would you recommend about commercial beekeeping? I need to decide whether do I need the beekeeping as a business or not :)

Just to add: Practical Manual of.Beekeeping.2008. David Cramp
Bee Keeping A Novices Guide unlocked. David Wootton.2010.Great Britain
Free to read:
M Y B E E K E E P I N G Y E A R b y I a n C r a i g [FONT=&quot]2008, Scotland : http://www.scottishbeekeepers.org.uk/My%20Beekeeping%20Year.pdf
[/FONT]
The Basics of Beekeeping, by M. M. Peterson 2013 edition:http://www.scottishbeekeepers.org.uk/Notes 2013.pd

Last edited:
The World of the Honey Bee, Colin Butler
The Behaviour and Social Life of Honeybees, Ronald Ribbands

An excellent read....

Gudrun Koeniger Nikolaus Koeniger Jamie Ellis Lawrence Connor
Mating biology of Honey bees
(Apis mellifera)

© 2014 Gudrun Koeniger and Nikolaus Koeniger with Jamie Ellis and Lawrence Connor Layout by Wicwas Press LLC, inspired by the German edition by boesing-design.de
Wicwas Press LLC, Kalamazoo, Michigan 49001 USA Editors: Robert Muir and Randy Kim www.wicwas.com
Printed in the United States ISBN: 978-1-878075-38-3

An excellent read....

Gudrun Koeniger Nikolaus Koeniger

Drifting off topic, the Koeniger's were at the National this year so hopefully there'll be a youtube video or two of them at some point.

NHS website seems down for maintenance, the youtube channel has the first batch of their lecture videos this year including Gudrun Koeniger; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiOtIebcpY0Zqqma0H5wLYQ

Excellent, thanks. I missed the upload of her lecture somehow. The Jamie Ellis lectures make great viewing.

We often see 'book' threads turning up, which is great (I like books) but it also shows the deficit of well made beekeeping dvds which seems a little odd in this day and age.

Yes The Urban Beekeeper is a good read, but if you want a technical book this is not the one.

Mike

Not a book, but Dave Cushman's (RIP) web pages are a great source of inspiration!

James

Latest posts

Back