Another fine mess

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no problem at all in believing that sometimes bees just can't be bothered. No problem at all.
Can't be bothered, or see no need? They're busy making drones, which take more effort to raise because they take longer to mature. They'll then, possibly, flood the area with their genes if/when the drone mate. So the genetic make-up of that colony is passed on, but in a different way than with a fertile queen.

Twpsyn - ... I expected something a bit more robust lol
JBM was being extremely polite. Twpsin is a gentle word that rolls off the tongue, twll din is much more robust!

JBM was being extremely polite. Twpsin is a gentle word that rolls off the tongue, twll din is much more robust!

That may well be, but without being fluent in the foreign tongue being used, how were others on the forum supposed to know that?

I think he means it is a language that most people on the forum do not know fluently (or at all) JMB.

Can we please stop this needless posting. Really is a thread meant to be to help me rather than silly squabbling. I get enough of that with the children.

I think he means it is a language that most people on the forum do not know fluently (or at all) JMB.

Can we please stop this needless posting. Really is a thread meant to be to help me rather than silly squabbling. I get enough of that with the children.

It was meant tongue in cheek thus the smilie :D don't worry I've no intention of burning his house down! :)

I would try another frame beebot they will have gained more young bees from the first try
If they don't raise cells on that second frame then its just sit back and wait for laying to start
Some proportion of the time if it's a Virgin she wont make it back
Possibly that gives the impression the bees were queenless and didn't raise a cell but I think that would be very unlikely behavior in healthy bees

Latest posts

Back