At last progress !

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
40 Plus
Hi

Allow me a little indulgence :)

At last a bit of success !

Had AS a hive that I hadn't got to in time, left original hive with a QC produced a small queen, wasn't laying 2 weeks ago before I left for Hol's , to check tomorrow.

Produced 3 polynucs each left with a sealed QC , all hatched but 3 weeks later no sign of Queens, when I checked two weeks ago.

So from another hive , took a chance ( chance as couldn't see emerged queens in two of these Polynucs, checked carefully, saw small queen in third ), again two weeks ago, added again single QC to each, went on Hols and returned yesterday hoping this second attempt would have worked.

Checked 3 Polynucs today... Incredible ...

1st beautifull large queen, laying like goods.. Loads of fresh tiny eggs, obviously just started laying. Clipped and marked Her.

2nd beautifull large queen, laying like goods.. Loads of fresh tiny eggs, obviously just started laying. Clipped and marked her.

3rd... Frames packed with Brood in all stages , couldn't find queen but loads of day old eggs

In my second year , plenty of mistakes made, so this in new territority for me so Happy Days !!

Last edited:
Hi

Allow me a little indulgence :)

At last a bit of success !

Had AS a hive that I hadn't got to in time, left original hive with a QC produced a small queen, wasn't laying 2 weeks ago before I left for Hol's , to check tomorrow.

Produced 3 polynucs each left with a sealed QC , all hatched but 3 weeks later no sign of Queens, when I checked two weeks ago.

So from another hive , took a chance ( chance as couldn't see emerged queens in two of these Polynucs, checked carefully, saw small queen in third ), again two weeks ago, added again single QC to each, went on Hols and returned yesterday hoping this second attempt would have worked.

Checked 3 Polynucs today... Incredible ...

1st beautifull large queen, laying like goods.. Loads of fresh tiny eggs, obviously just started laying. Clipped and marked Her.

2nd beautifull large queen, laying like goods.. Loads of fresh tiny eggs, obviously just started laying. Clipped and marked her.

3rd... Frames packed with Brood in all stages , couldn't find queen but loads of day old eggs

In my second year , plenty of mistakes made, so this in new territority for me so Happy Days !!

I have Egg Envy! Wish my queen would start laying in my last Nuc!
Well Done....you deserve to celebrate!:party:

Thanks Tremyfro

Here's hoping your Quen comes good !

if I learnt anything from that experience it is to not wait too long to see it the queen is gonna make the mark.

Cheers

Brian

We too have progress.

Well done. It seems that good things come to he who waits! :)
Don't worry about the mistakes. They're good teachers. I'm sure everyone on here has made lots of them

Well done.
Good job you left them alone for those two weeks to get on with it.
I think we fiddle too much

I am coming around more and more to that school of thought

Nice one ABM, great to see healthy brood, and what a wonderfull feeling to open up and find a new queen and fresh eggs :)

Well done. It seems that good things come to he who waits! :)
Don't worry about the mistakes. They're good teachers. I'm sure everyone on here has made lots of them
Indeed, its not for the faint hearted ! Though its fascinating.

Interesting photo I thought.

one of the Polynuc's in the bedlam of sorting out before leaving for hols hung on wire between frames, a cut out QC.

This as you can see was a foundation frame, ( rest frames drawn and now being laid in ) but fascinating the way they took the hanging free cell and attached it to the frame.

Even managed to remove it from the wire it was suspended from !!

Attachments

• IMG_4759.JPG
    IMG_4759.JPG
    491.3 KB · Views: 18

Latest posts

Back