Clive de Bruyn.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happily, somebody got their wires crossed :)

Clive's alive and well. The following is being circulated now as a correction:
It is with relief that I can inform you that the Essex mafia got it wrong and our Clive is as far as I know still hale and hearty. He will have a good giggle about this when we see him. What a relief.

Pleased to discover that 'the reports of his death were exaggerated'.

Reading one's own obituary tributes is a luxury extended to very few.

I had looked on the internet when I saw the thread and couldn't find any details of his departure .. I thought it was bit odd that there was nothing about it in a google search but the bush telegraph on here is not often wrong ... Poor bloke - not the first 'celebrity' to have been prematurely deceased !!

Maybe the confusion arose from the fact that Burt Shavitz of 'Burt's Bees' turned up his toes on Sunday?
I was asked at Harper Adams this year if I was any connection to Clive as the person said there were similarities (I was wearing my Akubra felt hat, but no, no shorts!), and SWMBO stated last night that Burt Shavitz was a thinner, older version of me!!

So what a choice eh? compared to one of the leading names in modern beekeeping or an ageing beekeeping hippy - and fat!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
i think this is were the confusion first started with

Clive Watson. Kent association Bromley Beekeepers passed away in his sleep on the 1st of July
he also had family from Kenya

Condolences to Clive Watson's family.

What a lot of explaining the other Clive will have to do every time he meets another beek. Still a chance for him to autograph my book though.

Looking forward to catching one of his lectures at some point as his last one at Romford was cancelled.

Now I cannot see that written anywhere so this is new and valuable information. But wait a minute! Does ANY colony pass that test? I have some of the most famously placid bees I know of (Hivemaker. Buckfasts) and they come up through the frames at me anyway so what level of placidity are we talking about here?

I saw him demonstrate the technique to a colony of the Belvedere bees, they hardly budged! Mine would have eaten him alive and anyone within a 100mile radius if treated like that.

Looking at the below quote (and good news) you can ask him to give a demonstration!!

Happily, somebody got their wires crossed :)

Clive's alive and well. The following is being circulated now as a correction:

Well this has confused the hell out of me. Are we absolutely certain this was a mistake and all is well? I hope so.
Cazza

Well this has confused the hell out of me. Are we absolutely certain this was a mistake and all is well? I hope so.
Cazza

well I glad to hear that Clive is ok, mabey I will get my book signed some time after all.good luck clive, until we meet again.

Back