Cheers all - time to give up

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks All, Kazmcc, Pargyle, Itma, Dusty and every other lovely comments. I thought I would go on forever, until I couldn't lift a super - until I understood that people around me are more precious...

I am keeping nuc boxes & suits in the hope of the odd swarm - and hopefully when we leave here in a few years time we may be able to start again...although HWMBO is 10 yrs older and claims that he will never restart...but we shall see!

Thanks all - and as requested I will loiter with intent and annoy all eventually as a " One hive owner & proud" (Sorry Pargyle) :D

Queens59: I have PM'd you

There's got to be one 'one hive owner' left to annoy Finnie .. as I'm now up to 6 hives he's had to lift the insult bar a bit on me !!

I'm down from 3 to one this year. A combination of being busy with other commitments, poor weather, bad queens and virgins not getting mated. It feel demasculated and dirty:hairpull:

An alternative

Bees are obviously in your blood so giving up must be very hard
Rather than letting your knowledge go to waste would you and you husband be prepared to adopt a newbie or two and mentor them through their first years. It would enable you to keep in contact with bee-keeping and I'm sure would be gratefully received by your mentees

I like that idea Jack - but not being in the DBKA might be a bit difficult to fond volunteers. Mind you, if no-one buys my girls I may have to keep going anyway ;)

Back