Lost my Lovely Bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beehive1234

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Other
Number of Hives
Match box
Lost my Lovely Bees
Led Zepil......Babe I'm gonna leave you..........

Swarmed,..

Last edited:
Swarmed because you didn't clip the queen. What about casts too? Poor inspection and swarm prevention routine at fault.

Last edited:
Lol, if i had posted about losing a swarm i would have been ripped to bits.:icon_204-2:

Swarmed because you didn't clip the queen. What about casts too? Poor inspection and swarm prevention routine at fault.

Nothing like kicking a woman when she's down. Even the most rigorous of us lose one from time to time.

Cazza

Says he who lets colonies die over winter under the premise of 'survival of the fittest' rather than neglectful management practices and leaving a roaring gale through the hive

Is swarm management (QC inspections, AS, etc) a normal part of Warré ownership?

Genuine question, people would have me believe that bees don't swarm from Warrés (or Zest hives supposedly) ... I'm more than sceptical.

Well I've kept bees 38 years and some years it doesn't matter what you do re swarm control. When they decide they are going then that's it they go. Personally I think this year is up there as one of the worst in terms of swarming in my time keeping them. Don't beat yourself up it happens to everybody despite what they say. It's also more than possible that those who say they have no or very few swarms just miss them!

Latest posts

Back