Flow hive forum

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want the electronic cloud enabled version of Flow Hive Mk10, which emails or texts me when the frames are full, and then I text it back to start "flowing" and pumping all the honey out of the apiary to the jarring plant, which jars and labels, and then I collect later in my car to take to market.

Do you think that will out for delivery in 2037, because that's when I'll be retired!

But maybe by then, people could visit a "Flow Drive Through" for collect honey on demand, put a £20 note in the drawer and get a jar of honey straight from the hive!

the top part sounds like it could be used for maple/ sliver birch syrup production

that's a whole new market for you lol

", when bees swarm they fill themselves up on honey to last around 2 days, bees with full belly's cannot sting"
http://tinyurl.com/o2ux6qm

Someone please tell all the swarms I have met...

I got stung, once in 20 swarms, I handled last year! (I don't often mention that to non-Beeks!), and tell them all the Bees are placid and docile!

"full belly's and cannot sting, because they cannot bend their abdomen" - is this fact ?

if they don't have any honey in the hive to gorge on, maybe that's why I got stung.

I got stung, once in 20 swarms, I handled last year! (I don't often mention that to non-Beeks!), and tell them all the Bees are placid and docile!

"full belly's and cannot sting, because they cannot bend their abdomen" - is this fact ?

if they don't have any honey in the hive to gorge on, maybe that's why I got stung.

no idea, but to the non beekeeper it sounds good, sometimes it's better to baffle them with bulls**t

imagine telling all those non beekeepers that phone you about possible swarms that bees are dangerous and can sting, would we get as many wanting to help the bees, or would we be compounding what most think, that they will sting you to death, and have them reaching for the can of aerosol and lighter instead.

the old saying, what you don't know, won't hurt you springs to mind

1, tell passer's by, when near a swarm, to calmly walk past, they won't sting you

2, tell passer's by, to run screaming past whilst waving your arms in the air as the bees will sting you

what one's the best thing to say

no idea, but to the non beekeeper it sounds good, sometimes it's better to baffle them with bulls**t

imagine telling all those non beekeepers that phone you about possible swarms that bees are dangerous and can sting, would we get as many wanting to help the bees, or would we be compounding what most think, that they will sting you to death, and have them reaching for the can of aerosol and lighter instead.

1, tell passer's by, when near a swarm, to calmly walk past, they won't sting you

2, tell passer's by, to run screaming past whilst waving your arms in the air as the bees will sting you

3. tell passers by to walk slowly and not upset the bees. If you upset them by running, they may sting you...

There's always another option in beekeeping...:icon_204-2:

I know which would be most entertaining :)

3. tell passers by to walk slowly and not upset the bees. If you upset them by running, they may sting you...

There's always another option in beekeeping...:icon_204-2:

4, walk by slowly whilst dropping £10 notes to please the bee god's to not sting you:icon_204-2:

4, walk by slowly whilst dropping £10 notes to please the bee god's to not sting you:icon_204-2:

last year the postman would not deliver the mail because he would not walk past the hedge with a swarm in.

this happen twice in the same week, separated by a Wednesday ... it had me thinking and I did check the swarm I caught their previously had not absconded and gone back!

but no-one else believed me!

and the bees were not from my hives, but odd they turned up in my hedge!

They must be able to read the "Honey for sale" sign, and know there is a bee keeper in residence!

This year..... not a single swarm yet in the area, last year I'd already hived 10 by this time....(glad really I was knackered last year!).

Some interesting questions :rolleyes:

This one, today.
The Brood box, do I need to just leave all the frames in all the time or is there maintenance that I need to do like remove the frame and ad new ones. As you can see I have don't have a clue.

Dexter is doing his best there, I see :)
The trouble is that there are a lot of new beekeepers who do not have clue that there is keeping to do.

This one, today.
The Brood box, do I need to just leave all the frames in all the time or is there maintenance that I need to do like remove the frame and ad new ones. As you can see I have don't have a clue.

Dexter is doing his best there, I see :)
The trouble is that there are a lot of new beekeepers who do not have clue that there is keeping to do.

I had the same conversation with a newbie Beek, I don't class myself as an expert by any means, and still a novice, but I did say, the clue is in the word, "Beekeeping"!

Latest posts

Back