Amateur beekeepers ‘causing urban swarms’

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just read the Daily Mail, how many of you are members of the BBA?

British Beankeepers Association... was OK until a breakaway group the French Runner Bean Keepers Association was formed and started waffling on about F1 Hybrid Beans being the only beans that should be kept!

Let alone the Vine beans ! has beans.. string beans......not worthy

Yeghes da

And where exactly are any posts that suggest this? I'll bet you a Brussel sprout you can't find any...unless quoted out of context.

It's not my fault if a colony swarms into a house where once stood a tree that bees liked to hang out. :rolleyes:
Even the best of us loose a swarm now and then.

Once again, it all points to a need for all beeks to be licensed and qualified, educated and mentored.

No hope of that - thank goodness.
Utterly unenfoceable.

Only a statist with a Napoleon complex would suggest it :)

No hope of that - thank goodness.
Utterly unenfoceable.

Only a statist with a Napoleon complex would suggest it :)

Not if the neighbours or beeks inform on you. People complain about children playing in the garden, music, parking etc etc. They would soon check out if you had a licence if they did not like bees, and let's face it not everyone does.

Do you honestly think HMG is going to set up a whole new administration just to licence beekeepers? get real!
Registration maybe, nothing against that, most of us are on beebase anyway. But compulsory qualifications,certification etc. just to satisfy those with a certificate fetish!! Dream on.

Perhaps if we identichipped each bee?

that's what they did with bees at the National Bee Unit, stuck an RFID chip, e.g. oyster card chip on the bees.....

they all left the hive......but they didn't come back!

They could be DNA tested to find out whose bees pood on the neighbours washing.

Bees must be kept on a lead in public areas.

Last edited:
that's what they did with bees at the National Bee Unit, stuck an RFID chip, e.g. oyster card chip on the bees.....

they all left the hive......but they didn't come back!

I think they are taking free rides on my double deckers and the never touch in either lol

I think they are taking free rides on my double deckers and the never touch in either lol

Wow..

we havent even got those machnes for bus passes in Norfolk yet...

Even the best of us loose a swarm now and then.

I would hazard that a few commercial guys around here who have out apiaries scattered about lose a fair few too.
A chap I know has six on his land and collected four swarms from them last year.

Do not go into amusement trap. Just do nothing. Do not make art with words. Relax on soffa.

No Intention Finman. In fact if you hadn't quoted his post I wouldn't have known he was still insulting me.
As they say bean there, done it, bought the T-shirt. Lifes too short to waste on dishcloths.

No Intention Finman. In fact if you hadn't quoted his post I wouldn't have known he was still insulting me.
As they say bean there, done it, bought the T-shirt. Lifes too short to waste on dishcloths.

Not aware that anywhere have I insulted this person........just a reference to the fact that he pathetically continues to use the childish schoolyard and to him supposedly amusing variations of my screen name.

Latest posts

Back