Moved posts from chalkbrood thread

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BKF Admin

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
oh dear Finman you have just insulted a lady.

Thats 2 different members you will of upset in the same thread and brings the total number of member complaints to (5).

You must remember to respect other members points of view if they differ from yours.

I am not sure if it's your lack of grasp of the English language or if you intend to insult.

What to do I am not sure,you offer some very good advice at times but it is starting to get boring with the amount of reported posts I am getting with your username in the header.

I am going to revoke your posting ability for a couple of days while I work out the best course of action.

Maybe we can sort this out through emails.

I hate to get the forum stick out but we do need to try and find some type of status quo.

oh
I am going to revoke your posting ability for a couple of days while I work out the best course of action.

höpö höpö. Bee diseases are serious question but if you love humbug, carry on. I do not need your wisdom.

Last edited:
Can i just add that my post above
Ahhh but finman our weather is different to yours............
was supposed to be a joke as people are always saying we have different weather to Finman. I for one agree with what you have done admin and am happy to post it here rather than in a pm.

RecipientsRecipient Username(s)
Finman ;
[BCC] BCC Recipient Username(s)

You may send your message to up to 5 people at a time.
Separate multiple user names with ';'
Title:

FontsArialArial BlackArial NarrowBook AntiquaCentury GothicComic Sans MSCourier NewFixedsysFranklin Gothic MediumGaramondGeorgiaImpactLucida ConsoleLucida Sans UnicodeMicrosoft Sans SerifPalatino LinotypeSystemTahomaTimes New RomanTrebuchet MSVerdana
Sizes1234567

Sorry boss ,
Can't find any other method of reachng him.

John.

Hi Finman,
your thoughts are correct, your reasoning is honed by experience , But I'm afraid your bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired :)., some people have tender skins :D .
You'll be back I'm sure .
John Wilkinson Smilies

[More]

Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
No icon

What Victor said. I'd rather have the benefit of Finman's experience than not to be honest. From another guy (also from Finland, co-incidence?) on a forum who posts in a very similar manner, I've learnt to simply ignore the odd post that might otherwise wind me up when we differ in our opinions

Nellie.
Same guy. Bubo is Finnish for owl.

Wasn't talking about Bubo ;) Though I had wondered whether the guy I was referring to, in a completely unrelated corner of the web might be the same person, he refutes any knowledge of beekeeping though.

....I still don't understand what is wrong with what I said!!

Nothing was wrong with what you said :).

Finmans' reaction was born of exasperation, not of your post but cumilative!.

This problem of barbed reparte is common on forums, mainly because subscribers, become familiar with each other and often misjudge the reaction of fellow members , thinking he/she can take it and dish it out without lasting damage . Unfortunately, squables are often the result.

We have a saying in Lancashire "there's nowt quarer than folk" :), Also "there's nowt rung wi gradely folk"

John

HI ADMIN lets not ban Mr Finman for his trivial remarks! By the sound of it theirs a bit of titter tattering going on behind his back?
His advice on beekeeping is well worth the posts he rubbished my post regarding salt (so be it) but he was right to requeen to rid chalkbrood, Sometimes it is not explained as it should be, like me he gets a bit ratty trying to get his post over.
I have been very rude to some folks on tuther side far worse than Mr Finman and NOT been banned.
we donna want go down their road. “That’s my view as you asked”
all the best mike

Yes lets condone being abusive and rude.

I have just sent Admin a PM but its not showing on my sent messages,#

So I will place it on here;
Is this the way you (Admin) condone being abusive and rude by stopping a member posting for a couple of days?
So now the message is It's OK to be abusive and rude as you will only be stopped posting for a couple of days then you can carry on.

This is allowing an open door for rude abusive remarks.

Please do not reply to this message as of now I am cutting all association with this forum.

Admin you have worked wonders on this site and therefore I wish you and all members all the very best for the future.

Mo Vaughan (ex Bcrazy & Metamorphosis)

Last edited:
I am locking this thread as i feel it has no more to contribute.

Yes Mo I did get the pm you have posted.

Its a shame you have taken that view,I cant go banning members without the support of other members backing my decision.

It maybe would of been better if you could of sent Finman a PM and explained how you felt regards his posts,I would of been more than happy to mediate in trying to find a solution.

Is this the way you (Admin) condone being abusive and rude by stopping a member posting for a couple of days?
So now the message is It's OK to be abusive and rude as you will only be stopped posting for a couple of days then you can carry on.

This is allowing an open door for rude abusive remarks.

I dont condone any member being rude to another member and if members complain then I am happy to take away posting rights for a day or two until things calm down.

What I am not happy to do is ban a member just because one member asks me to.

Seeing as you wanted to air dirty washing on the forum by posting a copy of your private message I will come clean and admit in public that you as a member have caused me more work than any other member to date,this has to be the 10th time at least you have threatened to leave causing me to have to write numerus emails to you asking you to reconsider.

Well enough is enough,no more emails from me asking you to stay.

I realise that it's other forum members who will lose out on your microscopy skills if you do leave the forum but I am not happy to go around in circles asking you to stay every few weeks.

Back