Apiary Pictures

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
40 Plus
Always nice to see a couple of Pics ... anyone else got their locations to show ?

One of two locations I have and by far the best, south facing , secluded and surrounded by mature residential gardens always nearly offering something. :)

Brynmair and Carreg (few more hives in both now) both South facing - Haven'tany photos of Garn Cottage nor Cwmffrwd (again South facing on the edge of a heather moor

Almost all of mine are rural.

These PICs were taken a couple of months ago. all have 10-12 hives in each.

I have recently met someone that is working with the government that has promised me as many sites as I can handle next year! :) (lots more pics this time next year!)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

?? why did I get full photos and thumbnails? what did I do wrong?

Don't know but they look great! About as near to the countryside I get these days..

totally agree with Suzi

....and I never knew we grew sunflowers in the UK as a field crop

Often grown on shoots as part of a game cover crop.

game cover, it is!... this is also where I got my mustard honey (not recommended!). The bees seem to enjoy it though!

hope jimmy bee aka james crossley puts his pickis on then I can fetch the 2 queens back that he paid for out of paypal then 3 months later said he didn't authorise the payment.. I will live and learnt that there are some pillocks about

ta

It's been a long time since seeing any English countryside other than from the Gatwick express!

Thanks to everyone who's posted a pic, it's lovely to see pics of everyone's apiaries. peteinwilts, what paint do you use on your hives? They blend and fade into the trees and hedges really well, excellent camouflage :)
smiley_emoticons_eckbanner02.gif

Thanks to everyone who's posted a pic, it's lovely to see pics of everyone's apiaries. peteinwilts, what paint do you use on your hives? They blend and fade into the trees and hedges really well, excellent camouflage :)
smiley_emoticons_eckbanner02.gif

Mostly Roseal forest green ducks back. 'Normal' Cuprinol forest green is darker, takes longer to dry (weeks in this weather) but is harder wearing.
Cuprinol ducks back is similar to ronseal ducks back.

'Normal' cuprinol soaks in, whilst ducks back soaks in less and is more like a paint and needs maintenance every 2-3 years.

I dip and give my stands a 20 minute soak in stain. I have put a couple of different colours in the tank and has turned a very nice karki colour. I am going to try a few tiger stripes, of camo patches to help break up the greens solid colour.

Hope the pictures come out the right way up!
E

:D[/QUOTE]

Thanks redwood, I have realised that if I load the picture with my iPad upside down the picture comes out upside down.....surprise!
:winner1st:
E

Latest posts

Back