Collecting a colony

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May be a daft question but did you go & see the bees or were you told? Could it just be a wasp nest that someone is calling comb? If bees why not ask if you could cut a small hole in the back with a drill & hole cutter so you could shine a torch in & have a look, it could be taped up afterwards, save opening the lid & breaking comb.

Hi All. It appears that the bees were active up to last week. However the manager has been in contact with another beek who is said to have things under control so I am not required. I have asked to be kept informed and will put any news on here.

Roola thanks for the offer of help (which is not needed now). I did try to send you a PM but don't know if it worked as I am rubbish with technology.

Hi busybee53,
What a shame, I was looking forward to some excitement and a blow by blow account. Well, at least someone is trying to 'save the bees' which is the important point.

... the manager has been in contact with another beek who is said to have things under control so I am not required. I have asked to be kept informed and will put any news on here.

It might be a good idea to try and get in touch (officially) "so you could learn from his experience, how he was planning to tackle the problem" … ;)

Latest posts

Back