Worst scaremongering article this year?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I've been off the site for a couple of months... W**K getting in the way. It's like The Archers - you miss 2 months, come back and within seconds you are back up to speed.

The University article is still online and still starts with...
'THE UK’s bee population has been in serious decline, thanks to a syndrome named “colony collapse disorder”

Ray

I have emailed John Ramsdin of the University who said he would remove it.. and asked why it is still there.. and given him this thread reference to read....

Edit: he has replied pointing out the article HAS been removed and the only reason it appears there is because I used the weblink to it from earlier on this thread..

So yes it has now been removed... My apologies for being wrong (again!).

Last edited:
They still have this on the website

http://www.hud.ac.uk/enterprise/meetourbusinesses/enterprisesupportbusiness/bee4bees/

I am sure it is all well intentioned but doesn't seem well researched.

Also this from the Yorkshire post - similar to the Examiner and equally bad... including
'...from Lodz where beekeeping is generally more professional than in the UK.'
and
'see great potential in products such as royal jelly, which is a natural anti-biotic'.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news...st-uk-bees-with-imports-from-poland-1-6991105

Ray

Last edited:
I suspect there's been something lost in translation. It wouldn't surprise me if the intended word was 'commercial' rather than 'professional'.

Well it prompted me to do a quick tour of Youtube in search of how to collect bee venom.....fascinating stuff the way bees are electrocuted to make them sting. I never knew you could do that!!!

I suspect there's been something lost in translation. It wouldn't surprise me if the intended word was 'commercial' rather than 'professional'.

I suspect that people in a commercial enterprise would consider themselves to be professional( professing to be knowledgeable about a given subject).

Latest posts

Back