Worst scaremongering article this year?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Disgraceful.
Simply promoting one business at the expense of the industry.

Needs a retraction and correction. Worst I have seen for a long time!
E

Interesting they have removed the replies.

And they appear to be back perhaps some maintenance to the site or something. Either way you can reply to the article on the site.

Last edited:
"Both in their final year in the university’s Business School, the couple are drafting in Euro bees as well as introducing modern new techniques to British beekeepers.

Ewa’s father is an experienced beekeeper in a country which is ahead of Britain when it comes to looking after hives.

Michael said that in Poland there was much less of a problem with ‘colony collapse disorder’ and there was a greater openness to innovation and new ideas.
"

Makes you wonder why they are getting themselves educated over here doesn't it ? ... take their Polish bees and P off back to Poland as far as I'm concerned ....

I think that those texts are against competition laws because they are false arguments. Missleading the consumer.

This article is unbelievable. If I just read " in a bid to save the UK food industry from disaster", so importing Polish bees will save Britain? What a joke.

Secondly I find it a total insult to come from abroad and then to say their country is ahead of UK in Beekeeping. They might do things different, but that does not mean automatically better.

We all know that the only motivation behind it is to make money. Import cheap Bees and possible cheap equipment (if they can convince people from here that theirs is better, like beginners) from Poland to sell it here for UK Prices, possibly slightly cheaper so they get business in, but still with a huge profit for them. It got nothing to do with caring for the Bees and their potential decline and problems.

Horrible, really horrible article and I hope someone maybe from the BBKA gets active and response to this since it is being mentioned in every BBKA News to not import bees from abroad. I will actually send them an Email and point it out.

To be fair, it's not clear if this is just stuff the author made up or the two people tying to set up their business told them. Either way it's bad journalism.

The Brother Adam piece just look likes like the author googled beekeeping and pasted it in.

Can't be much less of a CCD problem over there? Zilch in the UK as far as I am aware! If there is any problem over there it must be more than in the UK, by inference!

A pretty good way for a newspaper to lose credibility for anything else appearing on it's pages ... including it's advertising.

LJ

very poor journalism.

However, I have not seen a single criticism regarding the comments to the article??

It's pretty amazing a University publishes that where there is zero academic evidence to support the claim CCD happens in the UK.

It's pretty amazing a University publishes that where there is zero academic evidence to support the claim CCD happens in the UK.

Well I guess because the University promotes the Business behind it. They are taking a Business degree, so that is the pure interest. So I guess they were never bothered to do any research about it.

Well I guess because the University promotes the Business behind it. They are taking a Business degree, so that is the pure interest. So I guess they were never bothered to do any research about it.
I had a look at their new hives ... mini Top bar hives in wood.

posted this comment on the Uni site along with one of the PIR hive pictures

The article gives an unduly pessimistic view of British Apiculture and tthe state of the art in Hives. At present there are new developments in high performance composite matierials and the use of the same analysis tools as in Formula 1 car design (Computational Fluid Dynamics).

"Both in their final year in the university’s Business School, the couple are drafting in Euro bees as well as introducing modern new techniques to British beekeepers.

Ewa’s father is an experienced beekeeper in a country which is ahead of Britain when it comes to looking after hives.

Michael said that in Poland there was much less of a problem with ‘colony collapse disorder’ and there was a greater openness to innovation and new ideas.
"

Makes you wonder why they are getting themselves educated over here doesn't it ? ... take their Polish bees and P off back to Poland as far as I'm concerned ....

They come over here and take our jobs........:icon_204-2:
Now their messing with OUR bees as well!
I do hope they have declared their new business venture with the HRMC.
I wonder if they are claiming any benefits for the bees back home!:rant:
Time to put the kettle on and calm down me thinks!
:)

Latest posts

Back