Most popular jar size ?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might also find though that it will sell better if there's "a choice", so always offer {at least} two different sizes/shapes/colours of label...

It's all to do with what goes on in the head of the prospective purchaser,
do you want them to think:

"Shall I buy one of those jars of honey?"
or
"Which of those jars should I buy?"

By only having a choice of one the answer is limited to a "yes/no" choice,
by having a choice, there is a tendency to skip past the "shall I buy" question to the "which one?".
The same applies to the questions the seller can ask the buyer.

:iagree:

And on different occasions, different sizes prove the most popular.

I'm surprised how popular the 4oz hex jars have been, even though on a cost per weight basis, they made the honey purchased twice as expensive as the 1lb jars. I think people buy them as token presents - "I was at the Farmers' Market the other day and got this for you".

I am going to try 8oz jars if i get any honey next year, my theory is most people never finish a jar of honey & end up throwing out whats left because they think its gone off when it chrystalises & hardens. If they dont use it often they might favour a smaller jar, plus £5 or £6 a jar seems awful expensive to me, but an 8 oz jar for £2.50 - £3 sounds more of a bargain.

I moved from 1lb jars to 12oz and now only use 12oz, its a lot less faffing around than using different size jars and labels.

:iagree:

12 oz round jars look almost the same as 1lb, whereas the hex ones look a lot smaller and often end up with bubbles in the corners.

mostly 12 oz but do a good few 8 ozs ,,,these are the ones I give away

Sounds good, Tim, could i have 4,000 of the size you give away please, you don't by any chance do free delivery as well, do you?

Latest posts

Back