Colony Densities

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

propolis57

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Can anyone help me with links to scholarly articles on the effect of colony density on honey yields ? Particularly in none arable areas, ( so no OSR crops etc), and high live stock concentrations.

Touched on by a speaker at this years BIBBA conference Llangothlan, who researches in a North German University?
Any one else from the Beekeepers forum attending ( covertly of course) remember his name or his lecture?

James

Might be worth getting in touch with BIBBA directly to see if there is a set of notes or a contact for the speaker. There might be expences of course.

Touched on by a speaker at this years BIBBA conference Llangothlan
James
Thought it was held in mid Wales this year (Llangollen) - not some Germanic village somewhere I'd heard that the AMM taliban don't like Germans

Thought it was held in mid Wales this year (Llangollen) - not some Germanic village somewhere I'd heard that the AMM taliban don't like Germans

Is writing "amm Taliban" on internet forums akin to saying "bomb" at an airport when it comes to wasting the security forces' time?

Nope - the word 'taliban' translates as student or disciple (as well as the more modern term for blinkered zealot nutters trying to turn the clocks back to mediaeval times :D)

Well, this week the word Taliban is associated with child murdering monsters and I cannot help but find any association repugnant, (though I continue to be a life long supporter of our indigenous bees.)

Last edited:
Nope - the word 'taliban' translates as student or disciple (as well as the more modern term for blinkered zealot nutters trying to turn the clocks back to mediaeval times :D)

A rather tenuous argument:rolleyes:

I'm not really sure that they counted as "scholarly articles", but a year ago Prof Ratnieks was in print criticising the over-stocking of Central London with beehives.
However, I'm not sure that was reporting original research rather than commenting on anecdotes from some London beekeepers who had been used to getting a higher price for their 'rare' honey …

Latest posts

Back