Pest controllers- competition for swarm collectors?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
National and 14x12
Found this site during an unrelated google search.

A honeybee nest often has thousands of bees that swarm around the entrance of the nest, putting you and your family at risk. Bee stings can be incredibly painful and if a person is allergic, it can be life threatening. If honeybees feel their nest is being threatened, they will sting and due to the large numbers of bees in the nest, this situation can be incredibly dangerous. Honeybees also swarm and anyone in the vicinity of the swarm is in danger of being stung repeatedly.

Doesn't seem to have any affiliation to beekeepers!

http://www.manchesterpestcontrol.co.uk/pest-control/chorlton/honey-bees/

Alec

Read their web page with interest, now I'm terrified to go out in the garden near my hives! Oh what should I do?
:icon_204-2::icon_204-2::icon_204-2::icon_204-2:

Call a professional that will identify the kind of bee and kill them all before charging you for the service!

Chorlton honey bees is a member of the forum. Or should I say there is a member with that name from Manchester who is a member of the forum.

Perhaps a local beekeeper should inform Trade Descriptions of the misinterpretation and terror fear and panic that such advertisements could provoke amongst the ignorant general public... that should stir up a hornet's nest!

Wassail
James

I'm not sure if I should keep a mental note of this company.

Last year's calls about Tree Bumblebees and Honeybees in building cavities were overwhelming.

I notice from their website they use unmarked vehicles!

There was a pest control company at the National Honey show trying to get me to refer calls to them.

We have a couple of companies to whom we pass Bees in Buildings, Wasp nests etc during Swarming season. They in turn pass us swarms which can be collected.

We have heard some horror stories about unreasonable charges from some firms - we don't pass calls to these.

Not Me

Chorlton honey bees is a member of the forum. Or should I say there is a member with that name from Manchester who is a member of the forum.

Im nothing to do with the company in question
I just live in chorlton and i'm just a local beekeeper like us all
Please dont hesitate to PM for comfirmation
Kind Regards Alan

Latest posts

Back