Clean up time

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to be clear, I'm not suggesting putting 5 supers at a time under the brood … :cool:

Bees clean the combs when you put them over the hive. So simple.
Then you put cleansing board, and you get bees off from that box.

Ratcatcher, you are right tried to save a trip to the out Apiary boxes now sealed with lids and returnd to the hives, And all comments took on board. Yes a very stupid thing to do.

I would hate to let everyone on here know how many daft things i've managed to do,especially this year :blush5: but I've learnt from all my mistakes and the good (if sometimes harsh) advice from all the people on this excellent forum.

I would hate to let everyone on here know how many daft things i've managed to do,especially this year :blush5: but I've learnt from all my mistakes and the good (if sometimes harsh) advice from all the people on this excellent forum.

Ah come on whoosling!! Just a couple ;) I promise to tell you about any I make, and you can bet I will. Many, many times lol

Ah come on whoosling!! Just a couple ;) I promise to tell you about any I make, and you can bet I will. Many, many times lol

Hee hee only yesterday I left an old brood box (bees swarmed and dwindled to nothing) to be cleaned up dumped in my hubbies shed, I was in a hurry, very hot so decided to have a quick shower and deal with it straight away afterwards. Had a phone call, forgot about it and next thing I had every bee for miles around in hubbies shed (left the door open). Must remember to keep my mind on one job at a time!!:blush5:

Haha, watch this space. There will be some corkers along the way, I can guarantee it!

OK ..another mistake I've realised just now while labelling the honey. Not enough labels and I have a stall on a farmers market this Saturday! I've ordered more of the same from Thrones. Just hoping they arrives within 3 days. I know that is a big ask. I have enough for 80 jars

I made a belter last week. Took a super off one of my hives, it was cleared of bees - put it in the boot of the car and then carried out an inspection on 3 hives. I had forgot to shut the boot - I don't need to tell you the sight I returned to 15 mins later back at the car!!

I parked my pickup truck outside a friends house after doing hives bits of honey all over the back only going to nip in but got persuaded to have a cup of tea.
Came out literally 1000s of bees and wasps all over truck.

No problem for me so I drove off but the next person to come along in her open top merc was not happy when she came out and all the bees and wasps were in her car looking for the honey in my truck....

I parked my pickup truck outside a friends house after doing hives bits of honey all over the back only going to nip in but got persuaded to have a cup of tea.

No problem for me so I drove off but the next person to come along in her open top merc was not happy when she came out and all the bees and wasps were in her car looking for the honey in my truck....

Perhaps the principle could be incorporated into dealing with neighbours from he'll? :)

That is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time... will have to try it :reddevil:

That is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time... will have to try it :reddevil:

hmmm - SWMBO has a sunroof on her fiat 500 - maybe I should leave a few extracted supers in her parking space for a while for the bees to clear out next extraction day then move them by the time she gets home - i'm sure she'll chuckle at that jolly jape!

Last edited:
hmmm - SWMBO has a sunroof on her fiat 500 - maybe I should leave a few extracted supers in her parking space for a while for the bees to clear out next extraction day then move them by the time she gets home - i'm sure she'll chuckle at that jolly jape!

Yeh ... She'll be chuckling at you sleeping in the bee shed ! :icon_204-2:

Latest posts

Back