Sugar at great price.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kighill

House Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Forever more.
If you are now looking at buying sugar in preparation for winter Pound Stretcher are selling at 59 pence per Kilo.

This price was valid at the Mansfield Notts store when I bought mine today 15/08/2014.

I think it's the same in all stores, even over here in NI it's 59p.
(Next cheapest I found was Iceland at 69p. )

bookers are offering beekeepers 2x25kg bags at £30 for beekeepers until the end of September that's the equivalent of 60p per kg.

Farmfoods are doing it at 59p per kg (silver spoon).

Just bought 25kg for £14.75 which is cheaper than Bookers even with their offer.

Our club collects broken bags of sugar for free from a major supermarket nearby.

M

This is the cheapest way to buy sugar. But their is 1000kg in that bag.

epuru6ah.jpg

How much does that work out at per kg and do you pick up or is it delivered

This is the cheapest way to buy sugar. But their is 1000kg in that bag.

How did you manage to get a bag that big and how much was it per kg? where did you collect it from?

Sugar in these quantities can be difficult to get at times and supply is a little up and down and can't always be guaranteed.

Hence I won't be shearing my source of the sugar, it is cheap though and can be got for a considerable discount.

Sugar in these quantities can be difficult to get at times and supply is a little up and down and can't always be guaranteed.

Hence I won't be shearing my source of the sugar, it is cheap though and can be got for a considerable discount.

dont get why you posted it then

It's more of a pointer, use your heads and look further then a super market or cash and carry for your supply of sugar.

I play the sugar markets amongst others and it always seems to be cheapest at this time of year, before the harvest.
Makro have Whitworths 1Kg x 15 at £8.99 for a few days if you can't be bothered with lugging carrier bags home on the bus.

I play the sugar markets amongst others and it always seems to be cheapest at this time of year, before the harvest.
Makro have Whitworths 1Kg x 15 at £8.99 for a few days if you can't be bothered with lugging carrier bags home on the bus.

Now owned by bookers.

Latest posts

Back