Honey Grading glasses

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenkinsbrynmair

International Beekeeper of Mystery
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Too many - but not nearly enough
Seems that big T's have found a reliable source for Honey grading glasses, I don't think they're on the website yet but they're listed on fleabay for £35.00 including P&P. Bargain price if they're up to scratch - it does say approved by the Honey Show

Probably the ones produced in conjunction with Michael Badger MBE and Beecraft.

Now lets keep it all together chaps and not have two threads

:willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

Seems that big T's have found a reliable source for Honey grading glasses, I don't think they're on the website yet but they're listed on fleabay for £35.00 including P&P. Bargain price if they're up to scratch - it does say approved by the Honey Show

yes, got the same from michael badger last year for £30, they look slighlty different to our BKA set in artificial light but give the same Honey grade in natural daylight

wonder if those that paid £300 plus last year for older style now have that OMG why did i pay that feeling

Now lets keep it all together chaps and not have two threads

:willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

Fair do's - the other was in the for sale/wanted section. funnily I did a search on T's and didn't find them anyway, be interesting to compare them to my old BBJ glasses but then again - why do we really bother? went to two honey shows last year and there were some honeys shown as light that were borderline dark - and the judge awarded them a place, so obviously they're not that fussy on checking

yes, got the same from michael badger last year for £30, they look slighlty different to our BKA set in artificial light but give the same Honey grade in natural daylight

wonder if those that paid £300 plus last year for older style now have that OMG why did i pay that feeling

in the photo, on the T's site, they look a little bit more polished than the set I received from Michael Badger last year for £30!

e.g. the wallet looks a bit smarter, and the actual glass pieces, look as if they have been ground, with round corners, my pieces are rough as a badger's arse, not Michaels!

the actual glass pieces look as if they have been ground, with round corners, my pieces are rough as a badger's arse, not Michaels!
So just how did you measure the roughness of the Badger's arse????

So just how did you measure the roughness of the Badger's arse????
Well, if it's akin to how we were taught to identify the fathom markers on a leadline in the dark (calico, a hole surrounded by a piece of leather etc.)

You use your tongue!

Well, we should be calling them honey plastics not glasses - the 'light glass is near as dammit the same as the original BBJ ones but there is a substantial difference in the dark - the new 'Plastic' being obviously darker - wonder if any judges had any influence in that; noticed last year that more than one judge would not even look at dark honey unless it looked like a pot of tar.

Back