What to do with laying worker comb?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomo

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
Hi,
I take it that it's just a case of scraping the comb back to the foundation and letting the bees rebuild? With multiple eggs in a cell will the bees clean up all but one? and yes the Q- problem has been sorted.

Hi,
I take it that it's just a case of scraping the comb back to the foundation and letting the bees rebuild? With multiple eggs in a cell will the bees clean up all but one? and yes the Q- problem has been sorted.

put the in the freezer for 24hrs and just lightly damage the higher drone cells

Hi,

put the in the freezer for 24hrs and just lightly damage the higher drone cells

I had a queenless cast recently that developed a laying worker. Got the uncapping fork and slashed all of the cells with it.

Would it work to wash the eggs from the cells with a jet of water from a cycle type water bottle? Just an idea!

Ah alchemy....... you mean the eggs become desiccated coconut!! I wondered where that stuff came from :icon_204-2: (sorry.... and thanks. Makes sense)

Back