End of the World Preparations

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im still here, how disappointing, no earthquakes or falling debris from outerspace. Oh crap I now have to go Christmas shopping.

Someone just rang my local radio station and said they want to stand next to Alex Ferguson when it all ends as he's guaranteed an extra 10 minutes! I'm just sat here with my head between my legs ready to kiss my........ goodbye!

The world didn't end, did it?

Better send some Christmas cards then!

My wife said the Earth moved for her but the World did not end.

well at 12 minutes past 11 o.clock yesterday right on the solstice for a moment i thought it was going to end for me, as i got stung on the neck

Am i going to have a bad reaction and go into shock.....but all I've got is an itchy neck that is not swollen and a headache though the headache may have more to do with South African Pinot Noir than Apis melliffera

with this weather, I think I might go and build an Ark.

Hopefully not like this one...?

FLOODSCHURCH-OF-ENGLAND-ARKNO-FEMALES-1-MATT0917.jpg

:)

Oh well what's the next one on the list to look forward to?

Sun flare that knocks out every electrical circuit on the planet
Next labour government putting us all so far in debt to pay the jobless layabouts that they take every pension fund just to repay china
George Lucas remakes Star Wars again
or my favourite
Magnetic poles reversing and we all get a heavy dose of solar radiation

catastrophe_625x352.jpg

Oh happy days at least we're all still alive to worry about the next global catastrophe.

:icon_204-2:

Mike a omitted:

Tsunami hits Wales and Devon.

Super volcano erupts in Yellowstone.

Outbreak of leech borne infections in England due to flooding...

But on reflection the first would be a blessing in disguise :)

Mike a omitted:

Super volcano erupts in Yellowstone.

Outbreak of leech borne infections in England due to flooding...

But on reflection the first would be a blessing in disguise :)

Wales has been hit by a Tsunami in the recent past... since the last ice age, and so has the South West if core samples taken from Slapton Lea are to be believed.
Yorkshire and the North were under 10 miles of ice, not more than 10000 years BP... it would seem some of the locals have not defrosted yet!
:icon_204-2::icon_204-2::icon_204-2:
( Humour !)

Oh well what's the next one on the list to look forward to?

Magnetic poles reversing and we all get a heavy dose of solar radiation

:icon_204-2:

well that's my guess, it is overdue and the pole movement is excelerating which is unusual, but we have about 1000 years at least before it flips

the sun does it every 11 years

Mike a omitted:

It has! - just come back in from the top of the garden - drains have blocked in the units again so I've been frantically diverting the water so it doesn't flood everything on the plot - Luckily we are on top of the Hill (thus Brynmair) the field further up than the units is totally saturated and it's cascading in and the drains are struggling to cope

Photos aren't very good and obviously nowhere near what Chris B had last month

bloody hell Jenkins, you and Chris B deserve a medal for coping with this recent weather!

ah, it's only a foot deep and it's now draining down the hill (I am levelling out the area where the hives are and inintentionallyl left a bit of a 'dip' there as I haven't yet finished) the spaniel kept standing in front of the lamp leaving me in darkness so i called her away and 'hupped' her - she did - in a foot of water!!
SWMBO not very pleased when she ran in covered in muck over the newly cleaned (by me all day yesterday) carpet :eek:

I have never seen so much persistent heavy rain, my wife just phoned me (Christmas shopping) and the river Tawe is just about to burst it's banks in Morriston It's like a tropical down pour constantly

Latest posts

Back